• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    I stopped by Shoot Point Blank in Carmel. I looked at a FN 502 and the gentleman at the counter was pleasant. I decided to pickup a Magpul trigger guard and went to the check out. The gentleman at the counter asked for my ID, which is strange for an 8$ piece of plastic. No big deal, I gave him my ID, but then he wanted to scan it into their POS system. I have no idea what they are doing with my information. Are they selling my information? Storing it in an unsecure database? Either way I wanted no part of this transaction any longer. I told him not to scan it and he returned my ID and I headed for the door.

I understand the worker was just doing his job, but I have no desire to do a business with a company with such a policy. This extraneous recording my personal information is not welcome. It is not required by law. In the age of rampant identity theft it's ridiculous to have such a policy.

I will not be returning to this establishment, which is a shame. These companies will not learn until it affects their bottom line.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I stopped by Shoot Point Blank in Carmel. I looked at a FN 502 and the gentleman at the counter was pleasant. I decided to pickup a Magpul trigger guard and went to the check out. The gentleman at the counter asked for my ID, which is strange for an 8$ piece of plastic. No big deal, I gave him my ID, but then he wanted to scan it into their POS system. I have no idea what they are doing with my information. Are they selling my information? Storing it in an unsecure database? Either way I wanted no part of this transaction any longer. I told him not to scan it and he returned my ID and I headed for the door.

I understand the worker was just doing his job, but I have no desire to do a business with a company with such a policy. This extraneous recording my personal information is not welcome. It is not required by law. In the age of rampant identity theft it's ridiculous to have such a policy.

I will not be returning to this establishment, which is a shame. These companies will not learn until it affects their bottom line.

Why would you give it to them? Did they hold a gun on you and force you to give it to them. A simple firm NO would have sufficed and the worst would have been the person checking you out would have had to call the manager to know what to select to bypass the question. Do it all the time…

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yep. This has been their policy for a while now. They scan IDs for any and all purchases. There is a thread about it somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    Yep. This has been their policy for a while now. They scan IDs for any and all purchases. There is a thread about it somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I actually went digging for that thread but couldn't find it. Thanks. I'm sure the person checking me out thought I was a nut for refusing to have my ID scanned into their system, but it's a line in the sand.

They aren't scanning my ID for my best interest, that's for sure. People are mentioning they sell your info in that thread. Good grief.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Had an appointment in Carmel. After the appointment, I stopped by Shoot Point Blank to look around. Found a item on sale and went to check out. Guy at the counter says he has to scan my ID for the $6 transaction. Nope. Put my money back in my pocket and walked out. Screw that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had an appointment in Carmel. After the appointment, I stopped by Shoot Point Blank to look around. Found a item on sale and went to check out. Guy at the counter says he has to scan my ID for the $6 transaction. Nope. Put my money back in my pocket and walked out. Screw that.
    Ive started presenting my Utah permit for stores that insist on scanning IDs. Boy do they get flustered when they find no barcode.
    Sorry, we need govt issued ID.
    This is Govt issued ID. By the state of Utah. See.
    Insert confusion here. LOL

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have bought there, paid cash, refused to give ID…

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I stopped going there after an RSO threatened to confiscate my suppressor because I wouldn’t show him paperwork. I had a long in-depth discussion with the area manager, who apologized, said he’d work to coach the employees and would be sending me some range passes, then didn’t send me range passes.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I stopped going there after an RSO threatened to confiscate my suppressor because I wouldn’t show him paperwork. I had a long in-depth discussion with the area manager, who apologized, said he’d work to coach the employees and would be sending me some range passes, then didn’t send me range passes.
    They did that to me too. I really don't like to go in there much just for that reason, those policies just don't seem gun culture friendly.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    How do you think the demon rats are compiling that gun owner data base? Most likely part of it.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    They did that to me too. I really don't like to go in there much just for that reason, those policies just don't seem gun culture friendly.
    It wasn’t so much the policy to show paperwork that upset me. They are a free business and it’s well within their rights. I don’t agree, but it’s their policy. My issue is when he tried to explain he could legally confiscate my suppressor. That’s when words were exchanged. Cordially, but firmly, from me. And the area manager fully understood.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    a way
    It wasn’t so much the policy to show paperwork that upset me. They are a free business and it’s well within their rights. I don’t agree, but it’s their policy. My issue is when he tried to explain he could legally confiscate my suppressor. That’s when words were exchanged. Cordially, but firmly, from me. And the area manager fully understood.
    Yeah. By what authority did a RSO have to take it? Federal LEO moonlighting? (even then, its sketch) "Congrats, you tool. Now are you not only guilty of theft, but committing a federal offense for possession of a NFA item without a stamp."

If the can wouldnt have gotten stuck in a property room somewhere, it could have been fun to let him play out his fantasy and get arrested on the clock after you called the cops on him. LOL

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    a way

Yeah. By what authority did a RSO have to take it? Federal LEO moonlighting? (even then, its sketch) "Congrats, you tool. Now are you not only guilty of theft, but committing a federal offense for possession of a NFA item without a stamp."

If the can wouldnt have gotten stuck in a property room somewhere, it could have been fun to let him play out his fantasy and get arrested on the clock after you called the cops on him. LOL
    oh ya. We had the conversation of “what next” if he should have attempted an illegal citizens arrest and seizure of legally owned property, specifically an NFA regulated device. Friggin moron.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've lived all the years I have been given up until now without the place.

I fully expect I will do the same with whatever I have left.

Top Bottom