• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    Last week I could ship ammunition through UPS. This week an FFL is required to ship ammunition through UPS and Fedex. Of course we can't ship ammunition through the post office. I have ammunition sold that I have received payment for. Does anyone have more information or know how i can ship? I on;y have 4-6 shipments to make, I am just selling off some extra, I am not in business selling ammunition.

As of now it looks like I can return payment to the buyers or find an FFL willing to ship. Any other option?

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    I'm sure. I e-mailed UPS. Of course initially I received a standard response I was direct it my follow up question asking if an individual can ship ammunition. I was told no. I called Fedex for clarification and they also now require an FFL.

Not only do you have to have an FFL you have to set up a specific account for firearms, firearm parts and small arms ammunition. Your general UPS account is not sufficient.

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    When I went to the hub yesterday My shipment was denied. I was told by the clerk I had to print a label at home for ammunition shipment, she could no longer do it there. Well I can only print a label from home for ammunition if I have an appropriate account and I can only set up the account if I have an FFL.

I've shipped about 20 ammunition shipment from that hub in the previous 3 months.

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    New rules from the ATF. Prompted by recently passed legislation. Not all the carrier's doing, I think they are excessive in their policy implementation. That's probably a political discussion though. Just making folks aware of the changes.

I found an FFL holder willing to ship for me at a reasonable fee. So I found a way to make good on the sales. Once what I have listed is done I will be done selling ammunition on line. I have already sold about all I was going to anyway.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Yesterday, I went to UPS to sell a gun that I sold on gunbroker. UPS previously allowed it, but only at the distribution center. The retail stores couldn’t do it. I was told they couldn’t process it at the counter, similar to the post above.

Now, FedEx, UPS, and USPS are all off the table? That’s a problem for a private seller utilizing Gunbroker to trade collectibles.

How are others adapting to this? Do I need to just get in the habit of boxing and labeling myself?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yesterday, I went to UPS to sell a gun that I sold on gunbroker. UPS previously allowed it, but only at the distribution center. The retail stores couldn’t do it. I was told they couldn’t process it at the counter, similar to the post above.

Now, FedEx, UPS, and USPS are all off the table? That’s a problem for a private seller utilizing Gunbroker to trade collectibles.

How are others adapting to this? Do I need to just get in the habit of boxing and labeling myself?
    But apparently its against federal law to ship guns via common carriers and NOT tell them its a gun. If anything happens, at best they wont pay out on the insurance, worst case you get charged by the feds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    USPS is not off the table, you can ship a long gun through them
    I thought they would only ship ffl to ffl? No private party on either end.

I remember reading that in the law and thinking as I started to read "cool" and then "oh." when I got to the end.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    "A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms."

I include necessary FFL03 or 01 info where it's going and copy of my DL in package, good to go. Get a quote online from USPS postage calculator, buyer pays actual shipping.

Shipping long guns USPS is very simple and easy, just pack well and keep the length under 52" if possible.

Top Bottom