• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Yeah, that works too, until it is damaged, lost or, stolen and you try to collect the insurance. You have to describe the loss. Insurance will not pay because you didn't follow the proper procedure when you shipped it. It will probably involve the ATF at that time.

Please point out in the USPS regulations I've linked where it states that I have to declare I've shipped a firearm. If the USPS loses the package, how would they even know I shipped one? And the ATF only cares that I follow the 1968 Gun Control Act.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Please point out in the USPS regulations I've linked where it states that I have to declare I've shipped a firearm. If the USPS loses the package, how would they even know I shipped one? And the ATF only cares that I follow the 1968 Gun Control Act.

I couldn't care less how you do it pal, I'll do it the way the Postmaster advised me to do it.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    If you wanna know how educated Postmasters are in their own regulations I can tell you how one told me I couldn't ship a long gun. Until she went back in her office and apparently called her supervisor...

And BTW, were you, or were you not the one telling me that the insurance wouldn't pay and the ATF would get involved. You kinda seemed to care then.
    Why are you picking a fight? There will be no good outcome from this course of action. Just stand down and move on to another topic.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And BTW, were you, or were you not the one telling me that the insurance wouldn't pay and the ATF would get involved. You kinda seemed to care then.
    To clarify I believe he meant that you SHOULD do x. But if you chose not to he didnt really care that much, because you are an adult and he has no real skin in your game. At least that is how I took it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My apologies. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did...
    With that attitude and maturity, you'll go places here. (no sarcasm) Lots of folks that go off half cocked and like to double down. Some to the point they are kicked off the playground.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    With that attitude and maturity, you'll go places here. (no sarcasm) Lots of folks that go off half cocked and like to double down. Some to the point they are kicked off the playground.
    My approach was dumb and I shouldn't have gone there. I'm sometimes too focused on trying to be right about a topic on these types of sites instead of stepping back and thinking about how I damage relationships over stupid things that don't really matter. I'm a work in progress...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My approach was dumb and I shouldn't have gone there. I'm sometimes too focused on trying to be right about a topic on these types of sites instead of stepping back and thinking about how I damage relationships over stupid things that don't really matter. I'm a work in progress...
    We all are. Some just dont realize it.

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    For anyone who would like to know. I shipped a rifle today, The receiving FFL would not received a shipped firearm from an individual. I had to ship through an FFL. Fortunately they only charge $20 for the service. Since the FFL I used is a member of an FFL network that has a shipping arrangement with UPS. Bottom line is I shipped the rifle for less money than I could have shipped it myself through the post office, I shipped a Model 70 Winchester to Utah with insurance for $69 and that includes the FFL's $20 fee.

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    For anyone who would like to know. I shipped a rifle today, The receiving FFL would not received a shipped firearm from an individual. I had to ship through an FFL. Fortunately they only charge $20 for the service. Since the FFL I used is a member of an FFL network that has a shipping arrangement with UPS. Bottom line is I shipped the rifle for less money than I could have shipped it myself through the post office, I shipped a Model 70 Winchester to Utah with insurance for $69 and that includes the FFL's $20 fee.
    Interesting. Must be the preference of that FFL to not receive a firearm from an individual. Never had that happen to me (I've probably shipped 10 to 15 long guns to FFLs out of state). Maybe they were concerned about receiving a stolen gun or a gun from a felon?

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    Interesting. Must be the preference of that FFL to not receive a firearm from an individual. Never had that happen to me (I've probably shipped 10 to 15 long guns to FFLs out of state). Maybe they were concerned about receiving a stolen gun or a gun from a felon?
    I was told their lawyers advised them to do this. People shipping stolen guns with a copy of someone elses ID was the reason they gave me.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Quick update, rifle shipped FedEx from Tucson AZ to Indy - 5 days. My rifle from Indy to Tucson AZ.- 2 days. I was impressed.
    Traded for this, Springfield Loaded M1A, NIB. 20221023_001010.jpg

Top Bottom