• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Beware of the Gen 2 Shield Mags. They have changed the mag release cut and on my G48 they will not lock in. Emailed the company with the measurements of the cuts and was told that it cant be the magazines , that it has to be their mag catch. Wanted Pics of how it was installed in my firearm. I have tried these mags with their mag release and one from Tyrant designs. They will not go into the mag well enough to lock in. I advised them that I have been a Certified Glock Armorer for 10 years at a shop and that I also Am an Armorer for my full time employment.
    Was not happy with the measurements I gave. A Gen 1 mag cut measures almost 3/8 of an inch. the Gen 2 measures just a shade over 1/4. Big enough difference that you can physically see the difference. Still insisted that it was their mag catch.
    The shop I work at has already pulled them off the shelf and we will not be carrying the product if they won't support it.
    Guess I'll take a dremel to them and fix their screw up. Rant Over.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I may have got a bad batch. I have tried in several 43x and 48. Wont lock in at all. Instead of the company just wanting them back to verify and replace they continued giving me the run around. I won't buy any more. They showed their true colors when it comes to warranty

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I hear that from a lot of people and I understand that I may have just gotten a lemon. As I stated, I sent them pics of a Gen 1 and Gen 2 side by side to show the big difference and send measurements. Most companies would have just replaced them and figuired out what was wrong with the ones I have. They continued to blame the mag catch and I explained that they would not lock in with the factory catch, their catch or a tyrant designs catch. That tells me it is a mag issue. They work fine now with a little filing in the right spot but I still won't buy anymore and we won't carry their product at the shop. Their customer service sucks.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I will have to look at mine when I get home. I have my slide getting a RDS milled so I haven’t tried them yet. I will say when I had a gen 1 that didn’t lock the slide back they had a new spring to me in less than a week and when My order for my gen 2s showed up it had 2 mag catches and no mags and they got me square away really quickly on that too.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Got an add from Brownells today advertising the Shield Arms mags. Couldn't help but notice their "guaranteed Forever" banner. I've never tried out Brownell's guarantee, but will confess to it swaying purchases to them. :dunno:

1627768997987.png

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Got an add from Brownells today advertising the Shield Arms mags. Couldn't help but notice their "guaranteed Forever" banner. I've never tried out Brownell's guarantee, but will confess to it swaying purchases to them. :dunno:

Their customer service is great. I need to call them, though, and have a note put on my account to not ship me anything via Fedex.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I had this same issue in my 43x that had aftermarket barrel and tyrant designs mag release. The steel on for these mags. The gen 1 had no issues. The gen 2s would fall out after every shot. I ordered the sheild arms mags release. The lovk in now but not easyily like the Gen 1 version. I ran 100 rounds through. No issues but i made sure to insert the mag with some force

bcod151

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    LA PORTE
    I have had nothing but problems with my shield mags. Not a fan of them right now but the idea is there. Maybe one day they will dial it in?

Top Bottom