• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Anyone buy one yet? I just put one on lay-away when I went in to pick up my Kahr K40. After dropping $600 on the Kahr, my wife wouldnt let me take the Shield home with me tonight. Gotta wait til wednesday when i get paid! Oh well, in the end I still get what I want!

Midwest Gun Exchange had 1 more in stock if anyone was looking.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Please let us know what you think after you shoot it. I would think it wouldn't be an enjoyable handgun to shoot for any prolonged period of time. Is it larger in any way compared to the 9mm version?

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Exact same size from what I could tell. I will take it straight to the range as soon as I pick it up Wednesday night! I didnt expect them to have them in stock yet.

My wife is going to have to help me break it in, along with the Kahr!

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Have to post a picture of the Kahr since I brought it up, but Im more excited about shooting that Shield!

IMAG0460.jpg

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    I picked up mine on Monday and shot it that same day. I really like the way the Shield controlled the snappiness of the .40 round. I shot it both strong hand and off hand and was able to control it very well. I think you will like it.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Didn't know they made it in .40...Is it normal to have such a small gun shoot a larger round? Seems like most of the smaller guns would shoot a 9mm or 380, 22, rounds like that. I know M&P make compacts, but isn't this smaller to be a pocket gun? As long as it can handle it more power to them :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Didn't know they made it in .40...Is it normal to have such a small gun shoot a larger round?

Normal? I don't know about that, but there are plenty of small .40s around, some even smaller than the Shield.

I know M&P make compacts, but isn't this smaller to be a pocket gun?

I wouldn't call the Shield a pocket gun; it is in the same size class as the Kahr P9/CW9, Kel-Tec PF9, Ruger LC9 and Taurus 709. *I* certainly couldn't pocket carry one. But then, I don't consider S&W J-Frame .38s to be pocket guns either, but know plenty of guys who roll that way.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Looky what I just brought home! Not going to make it to the range tonight, as my daughter is sick and not feeling good. Gonna try tomarrow night. Just dry firing it, I LOVE the trigger. I cant wait to shoot it. :)

IMAG0466.jpg

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Put 150 flawless rounds through it. Trigger was great. I was more accurate with it, than any of my 5 Glocks.

The Kahr K40 didnt do so hot. Half a dozen failure to feed issues. I wanted to get 200 rounds through it, but stopped at 150. The trigger was amazing, and loved the gun. Hope it runs better next time out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom