• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    I was in the woods hiking with the dog and looking for sheds up by the dunes today and saw a couple bucks with both antlers still. Has anyone had any luck this winter yet?

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I haven't seen any, but my buddy a mile away has seen on trail cams some small bucks with half racks. My wife and I walked around for a bit on our new property of 48 acres and didn't find any.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Last year I found a couple early mid to late January. It was a buck that was wounded during season. Mature bucks, and wounded bucks tend to drop in January (the pair I found scored 193, so it qualifies as both). Your standard healthy buck will typically start dropping the first of February, and be done by the end of February. In my experience 90+% of all sheds fall sometime in February. That's why January is so rough on a hunter. We are caught up on sleep from the rut, and itching to get after sheds. Thank God for waterfowl to give us something to do to keep our mind occupied.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    STC_0021.JPG STC_0333.JPG This guy had both antlers last week. In three days, he lost both of them. I guess I need to start looking around here.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a small one that had lost one the last time I checked the cards. Of course, it is snowing so I probably won't have any luck finding this guy's sheds tomorrow.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My other big buck lost one on the 1st and the other on the 4th. I have plenty of younger bucks on the cameras that all have both antlers.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    We have found quite a few. Some back in december. The big breeding bucks lose them quick. As soon as the breeding is done they are off. Little guys hold on. Sometimes till april. But i have seen some decent bucks with them on and some with half on.

Attachments

• 20200209_091142.jpg
      20200209_091142.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 14
    Top Bottom