• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Today, a 38 year old Seymour, Indiana man was arrested for dealing methamphetamine following a traffic stop on the north side of Seymour.

The investigation began at approximately 1:00 pm, when Trooper Randel Miller observed a silver 2005 Toyota traveling southbound on I-65 in northern Jackson County. After committing a traffic violation, the vehicle exited I-65 onto State Road 11 and traveled southbound towards Seymour. Trp. Miller caught up to the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop along State Road 11.

During the course of the traffic stop, Trp. Miller observed indicators of criminal activity. Trp. Miller deployed his drug detection K-9, Jinx, which alerted to the odor of illegal drugs coming from the vehicle. During a search of the vehicle, troopers located approximately 120 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine in the vehicle and on the driver’s person. Other evidence of dealing methamphetamine was also located in the vehicle.

The driver of the vehicle, Chad W. Bruce, age 38, Seymour, Indiana was arrested on charges of Dealing Methamphetamine, Level 2 Felony, and Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 3 Felony. He was transported to the Jackson County Jail where he was incarcerated. Bruce will soon face an initial appearance in the Jackson County Circuit Court.

Trp. Miller was assisted by Troopers Korry Clark, Sam Simpkins, and Jackson County Deputy Justin Amos.

Attached: Arrest Photo of Chad Bruce

Photo of Evidence Collected

-30- SGT. STEPHEN WHEELES

Under the Law, criminal charges are merely accusations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Chad Bruce
    Methamphetamine Seizure

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Seymour is not that far north of Austin, the meth capital of Indiana. I grew up down in that area (if the river wasn't out Jackson County was maybe 7 miles away) and I hate to see this.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    I was in southern Indiana a few years ago with a friend. He was driving around in the boonies looking for land to buy. I could not believe all the house trailers that were burnt up. I asked the lady where we were staying for the night and she said they WERE meth labs that blew up.

Top Bottom