• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If using a suppressor across .22, 32, 9mm, 10mm, 45. It looks like there are 3 different threadings. What would you use on the can? The 45 ACP and then use adapters for 9mm and 40/10 mm? Or in other words the largest diameter on the can then adapt down to the threads on the barrell?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    If using a suppressor across .22, 32, 9mm, 10mm, 45. It looks like there are 3 different threadings. What would you use on the can? The 45 ACP and then use adapters for 9mm and 40/10 mm? Or in other words the largest diameter on the can then adapt down to the threads on the barrell?

Can you tell us which silencer you want to buy? I assume this is for a pistol. Pistol silencers come with a booster housing that installs in the silencer and then you buy pistons that match each thread pitch. The piston is held captive inside the silencer, and it threads on to your pistols. You will need one piston for each pistol thread pitch that you own.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Can you tell us which silencer you want to buy? I assume this is for a pistol. Pistol silencers come with a booster housing that installs in the silencer and then you buy pistons that match each thread pitch. The piston is held captive inside the silencer, and it threads on to your pistols. You will need one piston for each pistol thread pitch that you own.
    Looking at a Banish 45 for pistol and a Banish 30 for rifle.

I think I have figured out the pistol side of things.

The quote had 3 pistons for different pistol calibers. I also have 3 carbines. I would not need thread adapters, but I would out in a fixed space adapter and use my pistons to attach to carbines.

Does that sound right?

But with the rifle suppressor will I need thread adapters?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Yes on the carbines you will pull out the spring from the booster housing and replace it with the spacer, but still use the piston. For the rifles, it looks like the Banish 30 has a 5/8x24 thread, so it will thread directly on to your 30 caliber rifles, but you will have to use thread adapters to get to 5/8x24 on any smaller calibers.

If you have already committed to Banish that is fine, but if I were you I would get a Rugged Obsidian 45 instead for a pistol can. For the rifle can I would get something with a QD system if you have semi auto rifle hosts. Silencerco Omega, Rugged Radiant, Dead Air Nomad, and YHM Resonator are all good options.

Top Bottom