• ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Speaking of :poop:

On what basis does the Bloomington PD request a letter from the IUPD? What do they want it to say? This particular question isn't even about how they get off requesting it, because I know it BS and justification doesn't really matter (they'll make it up). I just want to know what it is they think they are accomplishing. What is your letter supposed to say or prove?

The next question is, how do they determine who needs a letter from IUPD? You don't live on campus, you are merely another student. Does being a student mean something different to IUPD? Further, how do they know you are a student. There are people your age who live here and work but dont attend IU.

This is infuriating. I remember being super pissed when you talk about it the first time, and its happening again. For a city centered around "higher education" there sure are a lot of folks who can't separate their heads from their :moon:

Any IU student requesting a permit from BPD must get the letter. Not sure how much it's enforced though. BPD asks if you're a student, and if you say no, I'm not sure if they'd call IU to check of what, or turn you down unlawfully for that :dunno:. I was told what to do, and did it. Not knowing any better at the time, I did as asked and got the letter (which was simply 3 lines long stating that "the Chief recommends that this person be approved for their license" or some BS like that) and never thought about it twice at the time. At least this wasn't a huge delay (1 day to get the IU letter) for getting my app out, Carmel's seems like a bitch having to wait for appointment times.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Went in and got finger printed today. Apparently I was one of 14 today, which is why it's been hard to get meetings. The only purpose of the meeting seems to be to find out if you have any previous experience with firearms, and if not to encourage you to seek training. Also he mentioned prohibited areas for firearms in Indiana (schools, courts, and airports) and answered any questions I may have had.

Also, I was told to expect almost a 10-12 week wait due to the extreme volume they've been getting of new applicants.

Ditto- that was my exact experience also. I basically told him that I knew my way around guns and was happy to be getting my permit.

Top Bottom