• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That doesn't surprise me you can't understand you aren't part of "A Well Regulated Militia".

It also doesn't surprise me you don't understand "The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms" doesn't say a word about WHAT KIND of 'Arms'.

The wonderful thing about the Constitution is it CAN be changed, updated to deal with new threats.
    There are two paths to these changes,
    One through congress,
    The second through "We The People", just in case confess comes off the rails...

Now, if you want to talk what's legal under the Constitution, then simply become a Supreme Court Justice, or a representitive qualified to argue at the Supreme Court.
    When you are qualified, then you have standing to present a qualified opinion.

Until that point, I'll stick with the original Constitution, and the application of the Constitution through the Supreme Court,
    Which has ruled time & time again the government has the right to restrict clear & present dangers to the American people.
    (See NFA rulings which have been before the Supreme Court time & time again)

Now, if sociopaths hadn't abused full auto weapons, there wouldn't be any restrictions on them...
    BUT, they did, and with great detremen to the general population of the US, see 1930s gangsters in particular.

Now that "Assault Weapons" are having horrendous effects on the general US population (see mass shootings) the subject *May* be revisited.

Notice the calm, rational, reasonable (layman) explanation and looking at events without a 'Right' or 'Left' slant on things...

No dug in dogma slant *I* "Think" should be the way it is, but the actual way it is, and what *Might* happen.

I'm living in the real world of mass shootings, 7 million millenialls that were eating tide pods 2 years ago now owning high capacity firearms, etc., Riots in the streets, white supremacists taking over the Capitol building...

Note I said I had LEGAL NFA devices/firearms.
    That means the government is reasonably sure I'm stable enough to own such devices & firearms.

I'm 'Joe Average', I'm nothing special, and I don't play Constitutional Rights professional on the internet, or extremist of any kind...
    I'm also not an idiot, I'm willing to jump through the government hoops, do what's legal, but more importantly, what's morally correct,
    I'll listen to any debate "The Other Side" has and try to come to a morally correct decision.
    (Not a sociopath, I don't 'Assume' I'm correct every second, and everyone else is an idiot or enemy)

So when you get that degree in Constitutional law, I'll give your *Opinion* some weight.
    Until then I'll take the opinions and Supreme Court rulings as law and 'Correct' even if I don't entirely agree with them.

That's how a democratic republic is supposed to work... I don't have to be 'Happy' and have 'My Way' 100% of the time when the decisions make sense for the MAJORITY.
    My firearms have murdered no one, but I don't own every firearm in the country...
    1. According to the United States Code all adult men are part of the militia just as it was understood in 1787. Subsequent instances of addressing equality would expand this to all adult citizens.

2. Introductory/purpose clauses are not binding in interpretation.

3. The Constitution does not grant the .gov any authority in this even WITHOUT the 2A. You are standing the concept of limited government as established on its head.

4. You are dead wrong about changing the Constitution. That requires one of these marvelous little things called amendments.

5. Your ignorance of history appears again in that you do not grasp the implications of FDR in 4 terms filling the Supreme Court with leftist ideologues rather than justices who actually followed the Constitution.

6. Your assertion about requiring one to hold public office to be qualified to discuss the matter is patently stupid, even by the standard of the drivel you are in the habit of posting.

7. The Constitution DOES NOT confirm to the actions of sociopaths. If you have a problem with sociopaths sociopathing, then they need to be in prison or executed, not used as poster children for assaulting the Constitution. This reminds me of the quote from M.P. Pitt regarding necessity being the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves.

8. I am sure that your mother is proud of you that the .gov deemed you worthy to have a right granted to you under the auspices of fiat privilege.

9. Reading plain English in its historic context does not require a degree.

10. A Constitutional republic is designed to protect the freedom of those in a minority position from being run over roughshod by the majority which is exactly what you just claimed to be proper, again standing the Constitution on its head.

11. The purpose of enumerated rights is to remove those issues from the common political argument which clearly is not happening.

12. If you honestly believe the garbage you are spewing, then why don't you move to Cuba?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That doesn't surprise me you can't understand you aren't part of "A Well Regulated Militia".

It also doesn't surprise me you don't understand "The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms" doesn't say a word about WHAT KIND of 'Arms'.

The wonderful thing about the Constitution is it CAN be changed, updated to deal with new threats.
    One through congress,

Now, if you want to talk what's legal under the Constitution, then simply become a Supreme Court Justice, or a representitive qualified to argue at the Supreme Court.

Until that point, I'll stick with the original Constitution, and the application of the Constitution through the Supreme Court,
    Which has ruled time & time again the government has the right to restrict clear & present dangers to the American people.

Now, if sociopaths hadn't abused full auto weapons, there wouldn't be any restrictions on them...
    BUT, they did, and with great detremen to the general population of the US, see 1930s gangsters in particular.

Now that "Assault Weapons" are having horrendous effects on the general US population (see mass shootings) the subject *May* be revisited.

Notice the calm, rational, reasonable (layman) explanation and looking at events without a 'Right' or 'Left' slant on things...

No dug in dogma slant *I* "Think" should be the way it is, but the actual way it is, and what *Might* happen.

I'm living in the real world of mass shootings, 7 million millenialls that were eating tide pods 2 years ago now owning high capacity firearms, etc., Riots in the streets, white supremacists taking over the Capitol building...

That means the government is reasonably sure I'm stable enough to own such devices & firearms.

I'm 'Joe Average', I'm nothing special, and I don't play Constitutional Rights professional on the internet, or extremist of any kind...
    I'm also not an idiot, I'm willing to jump through the government hoops, do what's legal, but more importantly, what's morally correct,
    I'll listen to any debate "The Other Side" has and try to come to a morally correct decision.
    (Not a sociopath, I don't 'Assume' I'm correct every second, and everyone else is an idiot or enemy)

So when you get that degree in Constitutional law, I'll give your *Opinion* some weight.
    Until then I'll take the opinions and Supreme Court rulings as law and 'Correct' even if I don't entirely agree with them.

That's how a democratic republic is supposed to work... I don't have to be 'Happy' and have 'My Way' 100% of the time when the decisions make sense for the MAJORITY.
    My firearms have murdered no one, but I don't own every firearm in the country...
    This has got to be close to the dumbest s*** I've ever read

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

One through congress,

Just a little verbose aren't you?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    And chicken little has been beating the "Cumin' Fer Yur GUNS" drum for 4 decades...

Clouds, even storms, don't mean the sky is falling.

Dont like my opinion? Your prerogative. The sky will never fall but you'd rights can and are slowly falling. Because it doesnt impact you at this point time you seem to be very dismissive of any contrary opinion.
    Which I am positive will continue until it begins to impact you. Then I predict some bellyaching on your part.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    And chicken little has been beating the "Cumin' Fer Yur GUNS" drum for 4 decades...

Clouds, even storms, don't mean the sky is falling.
    Why are you even here? What brings you to a gun forum to essentially argue against gun ownership? It is sheer arrogance to think it won't happen just because it hasn't yet. Yes, we should all just sit back and expect them to not do exactly what they told us they would do, just like the rest of the Tories on here making excuses for the Regime.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

One through congress,

May your chains rest lightly upon you.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

One through congress,

tenor.gif

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

One through congress,

Wat?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Education time:

The term “well-regulated” was in common use prior to 1789. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. In regards to the “militia” terms like well-organized, well armed and well disciplined applied. Prepared to do its duty. Now educate yourself on the definition of militia......

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Why are you even here? What brings you to a gun forum to essentially argue against gun ownership?

I'm not 'Exterme Enough' for several of these guys... I can live with that.
    The question still remains, what about the root issues?
    How do you filter out the mass shooters,
    Or how do you stop the crap that prompts them to do the mass shootings prompting the proposed "Assault Weapons" bans?

Have you any ideas about that?
    Spent even one minute on how to prevent mass shooter types from getting firearms in the first place?

The 70% or so of non-firearms owners in the U.S. are scared, and they are the majority of voters...
    Have you spent even one minute trying to figure out how to reduce/eliminate the mass shootings so they ARE SAFE and don't demand more firearms laws/restrictions?

The way *THEY* see it, no firearms capable of mass shootings, no mass shootings.
    What's your solution to the issue?

What is *Your* calm, rational, reasonable solution to the issue of mass shooters?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Or how do you stop the crap that prompts them to do the mass shootings prompting the proposed "Assault Weapons" bans?

Spent even one minute on how to prevent mass shooter types from getting firearms in the first place?

The 70% or so of non-firearms owners in the U.S. are scared, and they are the majority of voters...
    Have you spent even one minute trying to figure out how to reduce/eliminate the mass shootings so they ARE SAFE and don't demand more firearms laws/restrictions?

The way *THEY* see it, no firearms capable of mass shootings, no mass shootings.

What is *Your* calm, rational, reasonable solution to the issue of mass shooters?
    Let’s simplify your argument. How do you filter out evil? How do you filter out those that don’t follow either man’s law or God’s law that murder is bad/illegal? Take a swing at those and maybe you will find the answer to your own question.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

The only solution would be locking people up before they've done anything wrong. Evil people exist and you simply cannot legislate away evil.

The guns aren't going away, no matter how much you support it.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    The guns aren't going away, no matter how much you support it.

Now this is exactly why the pro-firearms folks don't make any progress at all.
    WAY too busy name calling, trying to be more 'Extreme' than the next guy, etc.
    (You can thank the NRA coming off the rails for that...)

There are very good reasons we don't pass out firearms in grade schools, prisons, ect.
    Try extending that common sense a little further... And you might be into something.

'Good' & 'Bad' are society concepts basked on what is beneficial or harmful to society as a whole...
    Regardless if ONE or more persons believe something different.
    There are idiots that argue against public utilities that deliver power, clean water, take away sewage...
    But it's for the benefit of everyone in the society.

'Good' & 'Evil' is a religious context.
    I'm sure the 'Christian' and 'Islamic' details are different, and would be defined differently by the 3,000 or so current religious sects.
    I'm not interested in trying to define, quantify or qualify the differences of 3,000 religious sects.

Now, TRY to break down how to identify mass shooters, so the shootings can be prevented...
    I'd start with violent criminals, with the violently mentally ill,
    With people that promote things like mass shootings, the less influence they have the better...

I'd start with 100% universal background checks when firearms change hands.
    That's what the entire call in background check system is for...
    If you can't afford $15 for a dealer to do the check, then the buyer simply can't afford the firearm or afford to keep it safe.

A good example would be the Kenosha shooter, underaged and wouldn't have been able to pass the 3 minute phone call background check...

How about firearms lockers?
    A bunch of the shootings are legally owned firearms being taken by other than the lawful owner.
    A person has to have ACCESS to both firearm & ammunition to commit a mass shooting... Isn't that common sense?

Identifying the firearms status on the state issued ID is a good idea.
    Since the far right is so worried about voter fraud, we have had to triple verify our Identity, get a 'Star' on our drivers licences/state ID card.
    How about room for FP (firearms prohibited), FR (firearms restricted) or CC (concealed carry) right on state issued ID?

And again, the problem with 'Extremists' is the next guy isn't extreme enough for them, and therefore 'Weak' or an 'Enemy'.
    I just call the people that don't agree with me 'Folks'.
    Not being an extremist I don't have to name call or carry on like the world is on fire, I'm willing to listen, come up with workable ideas, etc.

Top Bottom