• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You do remember it differently...
    The 'Soft On Crime' howls from Republicans got the crime bills pushed through a Democratic congress.
    Then Republicans howled about 'Gun Rights'...

*IF* I remember correctly, that was about the last time congress worked together across the isle.
    When the Lush Dimbulb types, and the Faux 'News' types lampooned the Republicans any across the isle work stopped, and so did congress...
    Slapstick had it right. The dems were the only ones pushing the AWB. The GOP howls about soft-on-crime were about mandatory sentencing and "3 strikes and you're out", which had bipartisan support.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Obviously after. He ain’t that bad.
    But seriously, I doubt they have the ability to ban something as owned-widespread as the AR. It’s loser legislation.
    I hope that's the case but i'm not sure they even know how prolific AR's and other MSR's are. We know it and perhaps the democrats do too but don't want to admit it. AR's now are what the Winchester 94 used to be but the democrats have their head in the sand as to their common usage. This is one area where the Republicans and the gun lobby are failing in educating the public on how common these rifles are and the many ways people enjoy them. Every time a democrat speaks on them it's the old they have no legitimate use, not used for hunting etc etc. It's not like it's hard to find evidence of people using AR's for a variety of purposes.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hope that's the case but i'm not sure they even know how prolific AR's and other MSR's are. We know it and perhaps the democrats do too but don't want to admit it. AR's now are what the Winchester 94 used to be but the democrats have their head in the sand as to their common usage. This is one area where the Republicans and the gun lobby are failing in educating the public on how common these rifles are and the many ways people enjoy them. Every time a democrat speaks on them it's the old they have no legitimate use, not used for hunting etc etc. It's not like it's hard to find evidence of people using AR's for a variety of purposes.
    And that's the one thing we have on our side - the Miller decision. These rifles have "some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia", and are in common use.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Who cares, It doesn't concern me. I don't own any fully automatic assault guns. I sold them all when I saw mine get up and start shooting people on its own.

They won't ban them outright. They will just continue chipping away at our ability to own, train, buy ammo, etc. This has been in the works for decades. We were just to ignorant to care what was happening. When they finally ban them, most of us won't bat an eye. even those here.
    Yep. Fewer than one per cent of gun owners even bother to participate politically; even some who insist that they do start faltering and stammering if you press them on who their legislator is.

I've tried for 40 years to motivate 'gun owners' and most of them just buy a bunch of stuff, think they can hide it, and mumble "from my cold, dead fingers".

I guess it is more fun to have romantic and dramatic fantasies about 'freedom fighting', than it is to actually DO any freedom fighting that might involve actually participating politically...:dunno:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Why are so many willing to talk about shooting back but want to be grey men in everyday life now?

When people won't wear a pro gun shirt, put a pro gun sticker on their car out of fear now, I am not so sure they'll resort to shooting later.
    Many think that when they come for your none registered use to be totally legal firearms they will just take the firearms and leave. That is a huge misconception. You will be arrested and maybe get a trial and tossed into prison/re-education camps depending on how many refuse to go along with tyranny. Now Biden is saying iirc minimum 10 years and $250,000 fine per illegal item. I bet most here would be in for the rest of their natural lives just in so called illegal magazines. Now add on any evil semiautomatic firearms you own yes I'd say minimum 100 years in prison/re-education camp.

So bury away because you will be living on your knees for the rest of the few years you have left.

“Gentlemen may cry, ‘Peace, Peace,’ but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry March 1775

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    "Banned" once before, simply grandfathered in the old ones, some minor mods on the new ones.

Another scare tactic BS round of crap.

"O'Bammers cumin fer yer GUNS"!
    For the last 12 years is getting REAL old...

Just as a side note...
    There ARE other semi-auto rifles in the wild besides ARs and Chinese AK clones.

About as bothersome as a single cloud on a sunny day to me.

Clouds tend to gather blot out the sun. Think about it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Many think that when they come for your none registered use to be totally legal firearms they will just take the firearms and leave. That is a huge misconception. You will be arrested and maybe get a trial and tossed into prison/re-education camps depending on how many refuse to go along with tyranny. Now Biden is saying iirc minimum 10 years and $250,000 fine per illegal item. I bet most here would be in for the rest of their natural lives just in so called illegal magazines. Now add on any evil semiautomatic firearms you own yes I'd say minimum 100 years in prison/re-education camp.

So bury away because you will be living on your knees for the rest of the few years you have left.

“Gentlemen may cry, ‘Peace, Peace,’ but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry March 1775
    I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'm not going to embrace the violent felon lifestyle until they actually turn me in to a felon. That has not happened as of yet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I DO have NFA items, completely legal.
    I also just passed 5 different FBI/Homeland background checks to keep a Hazardous Materials/Bio Terrorism/TWIC to get in & out of military bases, go into food production facilities, etc.
    I have to clear these every 3-5 years.

Now *IF* you remember back in the 90s, there was an idea floated about a ONE TIME background check that allowed you high capacity magazines, detachable magazine semi-auto magazines, etc,

This wasn't for the firearms, it was for the OWNERS.
    The idea was, gang banger gets caught with no owners card/background check, automatic 25+ in prison.

The NRA went 'Full Special', came completely off the rails, and has wound up bankrupt (woke up sticky, broke, confused and saying "It's just a cold sore").

Actually I'm all for a push an Indiana State Trooper pushed a few years back (like 20 or so),
    Put a red 'FP' on Firearms Prohibited folks state ID & drivers licences.
    A green 'FR' on folks that are Restricted to long firearms only,
    A green 'CC' on Concealed Carry holders.

Let's the police know who they are dealing with right away, lets judges pull licences/IDs in the court room when the wife beater or dope suspect comes before them...
    A slip from the court and they go get a new driver's licence or ID card...

But then again, I'm sure we will hear violent opposition from those that can't pass the background check in the first place...
    Please explain how your suggestions are constitutionally acceptable.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

I don't see any room for any of this nonsense.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

It's not about the constitution anymore. It's about how we feel about the constitution. It's like the bible or any other article of guidance. It's not about what it says, it's about how you can make what it says, work for you.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's not about the constitution anymore. It's about how we feel about the constitution. It's like the bible or any other article of guidance. It's not about what it says, it's about how you can make what it says, work for you.
    Spot on regarding current general reality on the street but I would expect better from a gun owner, especially an INGO member than endorsing this crap.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'm not going to embrace the violent felon lifestyle until they actually turn me in to a felon. That has not happened as of yet.
    No not yet as long as he doesn't ban X items with no grandfathering. If he does a Trump like ban on X items you will be a felon if you do not comply within stated grace period.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Spot on regarding current general reality on the street but I would expect better from a gun owner, especially an INGO member than endorsing this crap.
    I'm glad when I see opposing view on ingo or any other platform. I hate echo chambers. If I wanted to only hear correct information, I would just start talking to myself.

That being said, I believe that the endorsement is idiotic, but everyone is entitled to be wrong. Who knows maybe were the ones in the wrong, maybe if we turn them in, the criminals will as well. Isn't that what obama said his theory was on nuclear disarmament in regards to russia, n korea, iran and a few other countries?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

That doesn't surprise me you can't understand you aren't part of "A Well Regulated Militia".

It also doesn't surprise me you don't understand "The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms" doesn't say a word about WHAT KIND of 'Arms'.

The wonderful thing about the Constitution is it CAN be changed, updated to deal with new threats.
    There are two paths to these changes,
    One through congress,
    The second through "We The People", just in case confess comes off the rails...

Now, if you want to talk what's legal under the Constitution, then simply become a Supreme Court Justice, or a representitive qualified to argue at the Supreme Court.
    When you are qualified, then you have standing to present a qualified opinion.

Until that point, I'll stick with the original Constitution, and the application of the Constitution through the Supreme Court,
    Which has ruled time & time again the government has the right to restrict clear & present dangers to the American people.
    (See NFA rulings which have been before the Supreme Court time & time again)

Now, if sociopaths hadn't abused full auto weapons, there wouldn't be any restrictions on them...
    BUT, they did, and with great detremen to the general population of the US, see 1930s gangsters in particular.

Now that "Assault Weapons" are having horrendous effects on the general US population (see mass shootings) the subject *May* be revisited.

Notice the calm, rational, reasonable (layman) explanation and looking at events without a 'Right' or 'Left' slant on things...

No dug in dogma slant *I* "Think" should be the way it is, but the actual way it is, and what *Might* happen.

I'm living in the real world of mass shootings, 7 million millenialls that were eating tide pods 2 years ago now owning high capacity firearms, etc., Riots in the streets, white supremacists taking over the Capitol building...

Note I said I had LEGAL NFA devices/firearms.
    That means the government is reasonably sure I'm stable enough to own such devices & firearms.

I'm 'Joe Average', I'm nothing special, and I don't play Constitutional Rights professional on the internet, or extremist of any kind...
    I'm also not an idiot, I'm willing to jump through the government hoops, do what's legal, but more importantly, what's morally correct,
    I'll listen to any debate "The Other Side" has and try to come to a morally correct decision.
    (Not a sociopath, I don't 'Assume' I'm correct every second, and everyone else is an idiot or enemy)

So when you get that degree in Constitutional law, I'll give your *Opinion* some weight.
    Until then I'll take the opinions and Supreme Court rulings as law and 'Correct' even if I don't entirely agree with them.

That's how a democratic republic is supposed to work... I don't have to be 'Happy' and have 'My Way' 100% of the time when the decisions make sense for the MAJORITY.
    My firearms have murdered no one, but I don't own every firearm in the country...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom