• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I DO have NFA items, completely legal.
    I also just passed 5 different FBI/Homeland background checks to keep a Hazardous Materials/Bio Terrorism/TWIC to get in & out of military bases, go into food production facilities, etc.
    I have to clear these every 3-5 years.

Now *IF* you remember back in the 90s, there was an idea floated about a ONE TIME background check that allowed you high capacity magazines, detachable magazine semi-auto magazines, etc,

This wasn't for the firearms, it was for the OWNERS.
    The idea was, gang banger gets caught with no owners card/background check, automatic 25+ in prison.

The NRA went 'Full Special', came completely off the rails, and has wound up bankrupt (woke up sticky, broke, confused and saying "It's just a cold sore").

Actually I'm all for a push an Indiana State Trooper pushed a few years back (like 20 or so),
    Put a red 'FP' on Firearms Prohibited folks state ID & drivers licences.
    A green 'FR' on folks that are Restricted to long firearms only,
    A green 'CC' on Concealed Carry holders.

Let's the police know who they are dealing with right away, lets judges pull licences/IDs in the court room when the wife beater or dope suspect comes before them...
    A slip from the court and they go get a new driver's licence or ID card...

But then again, I'm sure we will hear violent opposition from those that can't pass the background check in the first place...
    What. The. ****.

:n00b:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Actually I do remember that 94 'Ban' quite well...
    It was "Tough On Crime" FAR RIGHT that insisted on the import ban and "Assault Weapons" ban after a bunch of dope & drive by shootings.

(Collective) 'You' can try to spin it anyway you want to, but I was there, remember it well, and have no problem calling it like it was.
    So.. . Is Joe's plan to ban "assault weapons" far right?

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I also just passed 5 different FBI/Homeland background checks to keep a Hazardous Materials/Bio Terrorism/TWIC to get in & out of military bases, go into food production facilities, etc.

Now *IF* you remember back in the 90s, there was an idea floated about a ONE TIME background check that allowed you high capacity magazines, detachable magazine semi-auto magazines, etc,

The idea was, gang banger gets caught with no owners card/background check, automatic 25+ in prison.

The NRA went 'Full Special', came completely off the rails, and has wound up bankrupt (woke up sticky, broke, confused and saying "It's just a cold sore").

Actually I'm all for a push an Indiana State Trooper pushed a few years back (like 20 or so),

Let's the police know who they are dealing with right away, lets judges pull licences/IDs in the court room when the wife beater or dope suspect comes before them...

But then again, I'm sure we will hear violent opposition from those that can't pass the background check in the first place...

:scratch:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A TWIC is nothing special. A lot of truck drivers have them. They're required for entry into military bases, ports, etc.

He's also saying hes HAZMAT certified, etc.

Obviously he's a truck driver.
    What should be obvious is that the TWIC part of his post is not the WTF part of his post.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What should be obvious is that the TWIC part of his post is not the WTF part of his post.
    Yeah. I'm still getting used to the new ways. I only saw part of the post when I read the reply. I forgot you have to click to read the whole thing, and I breezed on by his post because I generally ignore almost everything he says. But as far as the rest of his post goes you're right.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What if the politicians floating this ban were no longer in office? I don't care how they are removed from their illutional position of power over the free people of the USA.

Well, they all swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. IMO there should be severe consequences for failing to do so.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I generally ignore almost everything he says.
    Policy.gif

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Yeah. I'm still getting used to the new ways. I only saw part of the post when I read the reply. I forgot you have to click to read the whole thing, and I breezed on by his post because I generally ignore almost everything he says. But as far as the rest of his post goes you're right.

It's typical for the way far right (or left) to not pay attention to anything that's not in a meme or bumper sticker...

FBI/Justice said a few days back,
    Out of the 132 capitol insurgents identified they were looking for,
    2/3 never graduated highschool...

You have to take in all viewpoints, facts, questions to make a rational decision,
    That's why so many irrational decisions are viewpoints are espoused on the internet, 8chan, Parlor & BoobTube isn't an actual education, but I'm sure there are plenty that will argue that point...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    A TWIC is nothing special. A lot of truck drivers have them. They're required for entry into military bases, ports, etc.

He's also saying hes HAZMAT certified, etc.

Obviously he's a truck driver.

Yup.
    I drive a race car truck/trailer that carries racing fuel. Over 110 gallons is Hazmat.
    We generally burn more than 2 drums on a racing weekend.

I deliver products from my machine shop business,
    Both to food processing plants & military bases.
    That happens when you engineer & build things you can't order off Amazon or eBay.

These things happen when your job isn't as simple as asking
    "Do You Want Fries With That"...

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Actually I do remember that 94 'Ban' quite well...
    It was "Tough On Crime" FAR RIGHT that insisted on the import ban and "Assault Weapons" ban after a bunch of dope & drive by shootings.

(Collective) 'You' can try to spin it anyway you want to, but I was there, remember it well, and have no problem calling it like it was.
    Your remembrance of history is a little different from mine. The Assault Weapons ban was written by Dianne Feinstein and attached to the Clinton Crime Bill. In the House the overall crime bill was written by Texas democrat Brook and the Senate version by Joe Biden. It was signed into law by Clinton. Not seeing too many far right republicans on that list.

It also wasn't in response to "dope & drive by shootings" but rather in response to several high profile mass shootings that occurred several years prior to enactment. One in Stockton CA, Luby's in Texas and few others.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You have to take in all viewpoints, facts, questions to make a rational decision,
    That's why so many irrational decisions are viewpoints are espoused on the internet, 8chan, Parlor & BoobTube isn't an actual education, but I'm sure there are plenty that will argue that point...

BoobTube is the actual education for many - it is just not a formal education or a good education.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Your remembrance of history is a little different from mine. The Assault Weapons ban was written by Dianne Feinstein and attached to the Clinton Crime Bill. In the House the overall crime bill was written by Texas democrat Brook and the Senate version by Joe Biden. It was signed into law by Clinton. Not seeing too many far right republicans on that list.

It also wasn't in response to "dope & drive by shootings" but rather in response to several high profile mass shootings that occurred several years prior to enactment. One in Stockton CA, Luby's in Texas and few others.

You do realize your facts are no competition to illusion. :)

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

You do remember it differently...
    The 'Soft On Crime' howls from Republicans got the crime bills pushed through a Democratic congress.
    Then Republicans howled about 'Gun Rights'...

*IF* I remember correctly, that was about the last time congress worked together across the isle.
    When the Lush Dimbulb types, and the Faux 'News' types lampooned the Republicans any across the isle work stopped, and so did congress...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    BoobTube is the actual education for many - it is just not a formal education or a good education.

Sure, if you want to suffer with Dunning-Kruger effect to the extreme...
    Have little to no idea what you are talking about, but absolute confidence you are an 'expert' because you watched a conspiracy theory...

Dunning Kruger Chart.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Sure thing, sounds great!
    A special mark to exercise a right (where have I heard that before?), if you don't have the .gov mark you are an undesirable person.

Maybe we all need to have blue checkmarks to exercise the First Amendment too!

Good plan Stan.

Talk about "full special".

Top Bottom