• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    so close to a 7 million person metro... You'd be sharing a tree with a lot of people with the same idea. There's too many people around for any survival type shtf food gathering to work. which btw means I'm screwed. lol
    I wouldn't stay here, that's for sure. I've got bugout plans for north and south depending on the situation. Actually, living up here gives me a few options, plus a beach!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    So have I. But if you can't have them or use them might as well turn them in.
    It's a tight spot to be in. We're all going to have to decide what we are willing to give up. I feel a lot of big talkers will be the first to give up their freedom to be allowed to work and feed their families. If anything happens, I pray I have to courage to do what turns out to be the right decision. Until then, all we can do is push back peacefully, stock up, train up, and stay up

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I wouldn't stay here, that's for sure. I've got bugout plans for north and south depending on the situation. Actually, living up here gives me a few options, plus a beach!
    Once again, there's a lot of people with the same plan. hopefully you find a good spot

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's a tight spot to be in. We're all going to have to decide what we are willing to give up. I feel a lot of big talkers will be the first to give up their freedom to be allowed to work and feed their families. If anything happens, I pray I have to courage to do what turns out to be the right decision. Until then, all we can do is push back peacefully, stock up, train up, and stay up
    I understand what you're saying. Just think of the things our founders gave up to create this country. Sad how weak we have all become compared to those men.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    As I understand it, the existing firearms were considered legal, and transferrable. You mentioned the manufacturers found ways to work around it, so during that period (which is while I was in high school and not paying attention to firearm legislation), you could still find and buy an ar-15?
    Yes. You could still buy an ar-15 and anything else you wanted. About the only the the "ban" did was make it illegal for manufacturers to produce certain firearms with "evil features" such as flash hiders and bayonet lugs for sale to the general public. You could still legally buy 30rnd magazines and firearms with the evil features that were produced before the ban became effective. Any new AR's were sold with 10 round magazines and no flash hiders. No big deal. As far as prices spiking, I'm not sure. If I recall rightly, I paid $650 for a post ban Colt HBar 6600 during that time.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So 1,000 years from now archeologists can find perfectly preserved firearms, mags and ammunition. Then make them wonder why did they bury them instead of use them to fight tyranny.
    Why are so many willing to talk about shooting back but want to be grey men in everyday life now?

When people won't wear a pro gun shirt, put a pro gun sticker on their car out of fear now, I am not so sure they'll resort to shooting later.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    Yes. You could still buy an ar-15 and anything else you wanted. About the only the the "ban" did was make it illegal for manufacturers to produce certain firearms with "evil features" such as flash hiders and bayonet lugs for sale to the general public. You could still legally buy 30rnd magazines and firearms with the evil features that were produced before the ban became effective. Any new AR's were sold with 10 round magazines and no flash hiders. No big deal.
    Well, now that simple majority is a reality, and I think the common public is more aware of firearm features compared to then, what kinds of features would they ban today?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't think you understand the difference between prudence and fear.
    Ok instead of fear I could have used a better term.

Prudence isn't the right term either though. When this country was founded and the documents were being written people knew who the patriots were and what they stood for.

XbigcheezX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    NWI
    I believe the anti's have become much bolder & confident. After how things went with the elections the Inaguration is still scheduled for Wednesday with no real consequences for fraud & abuse.

I believe they are going to "go big" in their plans that will make the Clinton ban pale in comparison.
    I fear this as well. All the fraud and abuse aside, let's assume they legitimately won... ( I know, it's hard, but for arguments sake).

What can we do, today, legally and ethically, to confront it?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Prudence isn't the right term either though. When this country was founded and the documents were being written people knew who the patriots were and what they stood for.
    true, but they weren't nearly as reliant on the .gov as we are today. Even us "self reliant" folk, rely on the gov for so many things on a daily basis. I really doubt those men of old needed an electrical grid to live their daily lives. Yes I know! you ( not you in particular, just a generalization) know how to camp and live off the land, yet here you are on the internet utilizing so many different infrastructures to read this post....

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Patriotism is not a Don't Tread on Me sticker or a Molon Labe t-shirt. The Gray Man concept has to do with personal security in daily life, not whether one will resist tyranny. Discretion is the better part of valor, up to a point. When the line is crossed, you'd best keep your eye on the man who has been quiet, not the braggadocio in the sticker-covered Super Diesel Canyonero XXL.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I believe that the DC police seen pro gun stickers on that Virginia man's car and ask if he had firearms. A good friend that is a current state trooper told me to me never put things on your car that advertise you may have a firearm. One reason was thieves looking for one, and another law enforcement looking for one.

Top Bottom