• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    More a matter of upgraded reliability and overall performance.
    I bought a Colt 6920 years ago. The trigger's gritty, the safety is stiff and it's about 2 MOA (I think common for a rack grade AR) but I've put a lot of rounds through the reliability has been perfect so far. Colt has worked out a lot of reliability problems over the decades. Upgrades are on my list for performance but I can't beat the reliability out of the box.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    OK. So I originally ask about upgrades to a basic AR I described in the original post. I thought I would check back in and post some upgrades. Since then I have added the following: Magpul MOE Grip, Magpul MOE Trigger Guard, Radian Raptor LT charging handle and a Rise Armament Rave 140 Trigger group. Haven't decided on a perm optic yet. I have some things lying around but might go another route. I put some UTG BUIS I had in the safe on it. I know, it's Chinese stuff but they are built pretty well and they are backups so... I think it is a pretty solid rifle at this point.
    UTG Pros are made in the United States.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OK. So I originally ask about upgrades to a basic AR I described in the original post. I thought I would check back in and post some upgrades. Since then I have added the following: Magpul MOE Grip, Magpul MOE Trigger Guard, Radian Raptor LT charging handle and a Rise Armament Rave 140 Trigger group. Haven't decided on a perm optic yet. I have some things lying around but might go another route. I put some UTG BUIS I had in the safe on it. I know, it's Chinese stuff but they are built pretty well and they are backups so... I think it is a pretty solid rifle at this point.
    Let me know. I've been running through the PA catalog past year. Like their stuff.

C Does just did a review on the MD25 (great optic for the dough) over the weekend if you want to start there. You can always add a Kahles later.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Haven't read through comments yet.
    I've found good deals on triggers used. Geissele and Timney. Both are good. Drop in are really easy.
    I'd also suggest an upgraded BCG/Firing Pin. That would also be easy.

Top Bottom