• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Well, this is an interesting development.

Last Summer I wrote to Sinema and Manchin and challenged them to leave the Democrat Party, with the simple question "do you actually support the contents of the Democratic Party Platform?".

Senator Sinema reportedly posted on Twitter "I have joined the growing numbers of Arizonans who reject party politics by declaring my independence from the broken partisan system in Washington and formally registering as an Arizona Independent".

It will be interesting if she actually can effect the balance of power. I am curious to see how this plays out in the next Senate, and if it will help neuter Shumer and the rest of the Communists (AKA Democrats). Now if only Manchin will bail on the Communists.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Along with Tillis, she is spearheading the effort to pass an immigration reform amnesty bill during the lame duck session (I guess they know what such a bill's fate will be in the 118th congress) so already a traitor to at least half of her electorate and the country in general

She is up for re-election in 2024, anyone think THAT's the problem she wants to solve? Looking for a bit cover from that McCain mantle as a maverick?

Self preservation over country, no thanks. Just more Kabuki to keep the proles pacified

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Probably as big of an independent as this guy...

300px-Bernie_Sanders_In_a_Chair_transparent.png

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Along with Tillis, she is spearheading the effort to pass an immigration reform amnesty bill during the lame duck session (I guess they know what such a bill's fate will be in the 118th congress) so already a traitor to at least half of her electorate and the country in general

She is up for re-election in 2024, anyone think THAT's the problem she wants to solve? Looking for a bit cover from that McCain mantle as a maverick?

Self preservation over country, no thanks. Just more Kabuki to keep the proles pacified

Traitor? It doesn't look treasonous to me.
    • A pathway to citizenship for two million Dreamers — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.
    • Roughly $25 billion-$40 billion in increased funding for Border Patrol and border security, including a commitment to hiring more agents and increasing their pay.
    • An extension of Title 42 until a formal plan is in place to stop an expected surge of migrants at the border. The law would remain in effect for at least a year, while processing centers are set up.
    • An overhaul of the asylum system to prevent abuse of the law.
    I find it truly sad that these kids have no place go go? My son's good friend was brought to the US illegally as a child, no choice of his own. Now he's 21 and a super hard worker. Wants to go to college but cannot get a Federal loan. He has worked since he was 14. His status as a dreamer prevents him from applying for citizenship...EVER. He is the EXACT kind of person we WANT to become citizens but Dreamers cannot apply. Makes no sense.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    • A pathway to citizenship for two million Dreamers — undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. as children.
    • Roughly $25 billion-$40 billion in increased funding for Border Patrol and border security, including a commitment to hiring more agents and increasing their pay.
    • An extension of Title 42 until a formal plan is in place to stop an expected surge of migrants at the border. The law would remain in effect for at least a year, while processing centers are set up.
    I find it truly sad that these kids have no place go go? My son's good friend was brought to the US illegally as a child, no choice of his own. Now he's 21 and a super hard worker. Wants to go to college but cannot get a Federal loan. He has worked since he was 14. His status as a dreamer prevents him from applying for citizenship...EVER. He is the EXACT kind of person we WANT to become citizens but Dreamers cannot apply. Makes no sense.
    Is it not the fault of their parents? Why are we obligated to fix the errors of their parents? They can return to their home of birth just as easily as they traveled here. As a gesture of good faith I will offer up that we can pay the bus fair that gets them south of the Rio Grande river. As illegals, they should not have a legal job here, nor should those that employ them get a pass from prosecution.
    If they want to be citizens, they need to return to their birth country and after a minimum of 5 years apply to immigrate here. They should not be rewarded for the illegal actions of their parents. If we are going to do that, then we should write checks for a million dollars to every child of parents that has stolen money in this country.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If the government was actually enforcing the law, they and their parents would have been deported decades ago. Sucks for them but it's not our fault.

2M new Democratic voters will make sure the rest of that never happens, and once word of amnesty gets to Central America, the entire continent will pick up and run for the border.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My son's good friend was brought to the US illegally as a child, no choice of his own. Now he's 21 and a super hard worker. Wants to go to college but cannot get a Federal loan. He has worked since he was 14. His status as a dreamer prevents him from applying for citizenship...EVER. He is the EXACT kind of person we WANT to become citizens but Dreamers cannot apply. Makes no sense.
    So why not advocate for considering their cases on an individual basis, why is it always an attempt at a blanket amnesty. You aren't going to argue that all - or even a majority - of dreamers are like your sons friend, are you?

And why have they never applied for citizenship? I believe they could if they first returned to their country of origin as well as there being fewer restrictions had they done so much earlier

It is also pollyanna-ish to ignore that such an amnesty would do nothing except the flood of immigrants assaulting the border and I notice nothing in your bullet points about
    reinstituting remain in Mexico, one of the few programs short of wall building (also not in the Dems offer I see) to actually decrease the flow of illegals. The dreamers are nothing but a stalking horse for unlimited immigration

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So why not advocate for considering their cases on an individual basis, why is it always an attempt at a blanket amnesty. You aren't going to argue that all - or even a majority - of dreamers are like your sons friend, are you?

And why have they never applied for citizenship? I believe they could if they first returned to their country of origin as well as there being fewer restrictions had they done so much earlier

It is also pollyanna-ish to ignore that such an amnesty would do nothing except the flood of immigrants assaulting the border and I notice nothing in your bullet points about
    reinstituting remain in Mexico, one of the few programs short of wall building (also not in the Dems offer I see) to actually decrease the flow of illegals. The dreamers are nothing but a stalking horse for unlimited immigration
    There is also no mention of limits to sponsoring others in their family to the front of the line.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Don't most Independents caucus with the party holding majority? I realize it isn't a rule, but I thought (wrongly?) that most Independents caucus with the majority. Her declaration will also affect her ability to get money from the party for reelection.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    So what your saying is he is a Illegal!
    What part of Illegal do people not understand,send him back to where he belongs

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's mostly just political theater.
    Sinema as an "independent"will still for all intents and purposes be a Democrat, and you can expect her to vote with them on most everything.
    It's like Bernie Sanders being an "independent", he's basically still a Democrat.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So what your saying is he is a Illegal!
    What part of Illegal do people not understand,send him back to where he belongs
    200w.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One of the pundits suggested that this is Sinema's attempt to get reelected in 2024.

It will be a very tough election for the Dems in 2024. After two more years of recession, open borders and record crime rates, the dems are already running out of lies and cover ups.

On top of the fact that Arizona will certainly have some kind of a political upheaval after the Kari Lake election debacle.

Not to mention that the dems no longer own Twitter and all that election rigging of the media.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

If your dems wanted this solved, they've had the majorities to do it. They don't though. They want exactly what they have, the controversy and open borders.

They are already letting illegals vote in local elections. It's all part of their plan to normalize law breaking.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    If covered elsewhere, ignore.
    With the Senate balance at 49%R, 48%D, and 3%I, why do the Ds call all the shots? Is it a law, a rule, or just assumed based on passed practice? I get that members can vote for any leader they want which would likely be a D in this Senate, but it would seem that committee representations would need to reflect the R plurality.

In the House there are conversations of a non-republican possibly being voted speaker but no one is suggesting the Rs don’t control.

Top Bottom