Senate introduces high capacity ban in unrelated bill!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Brilliant. You didn't read the bill, either. It proposes making the mere possession of hi-cap magazines illegal, so you have to give yours up.

Brilliant thinking, hornadylnl.

I read it...same exemption for mags manufactured and lawfully possessed before enactment that was seen in the '94 ban

Edit:

From my research (along with a post in one of the other 5 threads on this amendment)...

Asshats in the U.S. Senate said:
    ‘‘(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession
    of a large capacity ammunition feeding
    device otherwise lawfully possessed within
    the United States on or before the date of
    the enactment of this subsection

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Brilliant. You didn't read the bill, either. It proposes making the mere possession of hi-cap magazines illegal, so you have to give yours up.

"(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection."

Gun Control in a Line Item on an Unrelated Bill! « Mad Ogre

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I read it...same exemption for mags manufactured and lawfully possessed before enactment that was seen in the '94 ban.
    Dammit! My bad then. I read about this before I ever saw it here and didn't see that (which surprised me).

Okay hornadylnl, you can go back to wearing blinders.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

“(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Dammit! My bad then. I read about this before I ever saw it here and didn't see that (which surprised me).

Okay hornadylnl, you can go back to wearing blinders.

My eyes are wide open to they tyranny that's coming. Democrats and Republicans alike are hell bent on voting for it. My one vote isn't going to change it so I've learned to quit wringing my hands over it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I started the purple for sarcasm thing because one of our members got spitting mad at someone's sarcasm & it was a truly pathetic thing to watch. Taking that extra step helps to keep us from devolving even further into madness...and every little bit helps.
    And history was made. I'd love to see that post if you can find it. ;)

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I'm not worried about new gun laws if BHO gets 4 more...the conservatives in Congress
    should be able to stifle those. I worry that he'll unleash the rabid dogs at the ATFE to enforce
    whatever whims they can come up with. It's been his habit to ignore whatever laws he
    disagrees with.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    When B J Clinton took office we had 200,000 FFLs ..60,000 now. Most of this was
    done through ATF intimidation and policy changes.

Top Bottom