• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've been wanting a SxS really really bad. Pretty sure the second this passes (hopefully....) there will be a rush of shotguns shipped to IN to get all chopped to hell! :). I have a cheap old break action 12ga that may just get some pricey paperwork attached to it too.. my wife will never understand this!

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering if I can chop the stock back to something resembling the Mare's Leg stock.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Once this bill passes, I'll have a Form 1 out to build something like this out of my PW87.

SzAJPxL.jpg

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Once this bill passes, I'll have a Form 1 out to build something like this out of my PW87.

I'm contemplating going ahead and sending in a form 1. Worse case scenario I get the money back if it doesn't pass, but by the time my application will be in front of the examiner the prohibition should be lifted.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    I'm contemplating going ahead and sending in a form 1. Worse case scenario I get the money back if it doesn't pass, but by the time my application will be in front of the examiner the prohibition should be lifted.

I received my last form1 in 30 days. I'm not sure at what point you can and cannot cancel an application, but you're risking $200 if your timing is off.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I received my last form1 in 30 days. I'm not sure at what point you can and cannot cancel an application, but you're risking $200 if your timing is off.
    Risking in what way? That he will lose it? Or lose the use of it temporarily?

There is a process for cancelling applications/builds even after you have received the approved form and stamp. Your $200 will be refunded if the item was never built and you wish to cancel.

IE, I file a form 1 to build a Short barrel rifle on a platform that I happen to like. I receive the stamp/form approved but haven't made the item yet. In the meantime I did some research, found out it wasn't very suitable to short barrel rifle. I have remorse and decide to cancel. I notify the ATF of such and they refund my $200.

IE #2, I file a form 1 to build a Destructive Device centered around a very rare DD receiver blank I procured. I get approval and receive my stamp/form and I start to machine the receiver. Turns out, that blank was defective and cannot be turned into a receiver. No acceptable blank is available and I will not be building a Form 1 DD. I write to the ATF that the firearm was never built, won't be built, and request my $200 back. In several months I get a check from them for the refund.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's not mine...but a serbu-length package that holds 3+2 would be fun.

I've never shot one of the Serbu's. Someone had one at the last NFA day, but I never got around to trying it, which is a shame.

I'm not complaining though, since I got to put a jillion rounds through several H&K MP5s and the full auto AKs provided by Profire. :ar15:

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown

Doing this is a bit silly. Even if it all passes through the legislature and the governor signs it there will be a date on the bill where it goes into effect. That could be July 1 like the suppressor/hunting bill or it could be Oct 1 or anywhere down the line. Filing in advance won't help you and if things get kicked back to you due to the current regs it may take you some time to get your tax money back. You're not gaining anything by filing before its approved but you are risking rejected forms and more time.

Frank

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Any word if the House is going to take this up?

Shared a flight with Rep. Tim Brown yesterday from DCA to IND, nice guy :)

Saw Richard Luger as well but didn't get a chance to say "Hi" and thank him for his service.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom