• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    My favorite, and this will happen anywhere, is when someone gets confused of where they are going or their GPS glitched and they literally just stop in the middle of traffic. If you don’t know what you’re doing or where you are going pull the f**k over and figure it out! Don’t put everyone else’s lives in danger and stop traffic in the middle of the road!! :xmad:

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    As a former Illinois resident, I agree. Indiana has some real bad drivers, like the ones who get right up to your rear end, following to close and refuse to pass you.
    I HATE these guys!! Can you not understand in your pea brain that I can only go as fast as the car in front of me?? And if you don’t like that I’m only going 10 over the speed limit then go around me, don’t ride my a**!!

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Driving in Lafayette/West Lafayette is seasonally challenging.
    During the summer months it's not too bad.
    During the fall/winter/spring months we have drivers from all over the world driving our streets because of Purdue.
    There is no " getting used to" the crazy months in Lafayette.
    You just have to keep your head on a constant swivel.
    Around Purdue all intersections are round-a-bouts, whether they actually are or not! :-)

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Since I've been living in Indiana starting late 2021, I've learned one thing; to get the hell out of the left lane! Hoosiers drive FAST! It must be the speedway influence. It's not uncommon to have people pass me like I was standing still even when I'm going 20 mph over on most highways. And Jeeps, holy cow. No freakin mountains here and ya'll got enough jeeps for an off road army. :)
    Hey, sometimes you gotta pass on the right on the two lane roads, need traction when you are in the corn! :-)

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Sold a pf9 a few years ago at a show, didn't make it to the first table before being made an offer we accepted.
    That's close to what happened to me on Sunday. I had three people ask to take a look at the pistol I was carrying and one person made an offer within 5 minutes of walking into the show. First time I ever walked away from a gun show with more money than when I walked in.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When you say "desk pop", do you mean there was an accidental discharge into the desk?!
    Through the table and into the floor.

My dad and I were in the 'west' wing I think.. if the entrance was 'north'.
    Loud POP!

Entire place goes silent. More silent than I've ever heard in that place.
    No screaming or yelling of pain. No threats. So everyone figured no one was hurt, and went back to business.
    I posted it on INGO in the NWI thread.
    Someone else posted they were also there. Maybe a 3rd person, I can't remember.

Anyway, get to hear from someone waiting in line.. INGOer..
    Guy comes in with a loaded gun.
    Officer (I think County police) messes up his check on the gun, well he's done THOUSANDS of those checks since he was always the guy at each one in Crown Point, and the mag was out, but there was one in the chamber.
    Points it at the table.... POP!

I think they picked a different officer for the next ones.
    Though, I'm betting he might be more careful in his checks after that, someone was more worried about optics.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana

Loud POP!

No screaming or yelling of pain. No threats. So everyone figured no one was hurt, and went back to business.

Officer (I think County police) messes up his check on the gun, well he's done THOUSANDS of those checks since he was always the guy at each one in Crown Point, and the mag was out, but there was one in the chamber.

Though, I'm betting he might be more careful in his checks after that, someone was more worried about optics.
    Thanks for the background. I was unaware of that event.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I was there, and so were a couple ingoers when he made a mistake, and there was a desk pop
    I was guna go to get ammo from Brian's surplus, but talked out of wasting gas, price to get in and the paying a lil more than store price for the case of 9mm which would have been costly had i went ahead with my plan.
    As far as the gun going off mishap, apparently the officer needs something more for training to take the word from someone saying the firearm is clear. Apparently he didn't rack the slide or bolt back to insert a ziptie...just went straight for the trigger...crazy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    I was guna go to get ammo from Brian's surplus, but talked out of wasting gas, price to get in and the paying a lil more than store price for the case of 9mm which would have been costly had i went ahead with my plan.
    As far as the gun going off mishap, apparently the officer needs something more for training to take the word from someone saying the firearm is clear. Apparently he didn't rack the slide or bolt back to insert a ziptie...just went straight for the trigger...crazy
    The Officer should know better and the asshat that owned the gun should not own any gun for bring it in loaded. It makes you feel real safe to know people don't know how to or if their gun is unloaded properly.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Since I've been living in Indiana starting late 2021, I've learned one thing; to get the hell out of the left lane! Hoosiers drive FAST! It must be the speedway influence. It's not uncommon to have people pass me like I was standing still even when I'm going 20 mph over on most highways. And Jeeps, holy cow. No freakin mountains here and ya'll got enough jeeps for an off road army. :)

I live in the high rockies and there are waaaay more jeeps on the road in indiana than up here (percentage wise).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Officer should know better and the asshat that owned the gun should not own any gun for bring it in loaded. It makes you feel real safe to know people don't know how to or if their gun is unloaded properly.
    I'm sure the officer did know better.
    He'd checked guns there, year after year, gun show after gun show.
    He'd probably check at least 10s of thousands of guns.
    He made a mistake.
    But.. he also had the gun pointed in a safe direction.
    Which is why the safety rules are redundant.
    So if you make a mistake, you should still be okay.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County

Loud POP!

Unfortunately, the promotor is REQUIRED by the fairgrounds to use the Lake County Sheriff's Department for security during the show, he has no choice. The only other option is to not do the show. The one that fired a pistol into one of my tables was Roy Garrett, he is retired now. He used to work directly for John Buncich, the former Lake County Sheriff who was sentenced by a federal judge to 15 years and 8 months in prison. It actually did not pass through the table. Luckily for Roy, my tables are apparently bulletproof. The bullet and the jacket were stopped by the metal frame on the edge of the table that was directly above his leg. It still has a hole in the top and a dent in the metal of the table. I also still have the bullet and the jacket.
    Now we have new officers working, a younger generation of officers and a younger (and possibly slightly less corrupt) Sheriff who has not been convicted yet, but is under indictment. Oscar Martinez Jr. is accused of resisting law enforcement, a Level 6 felony, and misdemeanor reckless driving. Lake County sure knows how to pick a Sheriff!!!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After reading through this thread I have to ask this.
    At our Indiana gun shows are we supposed to unload our edc which will not get pulled out unless it's needed for self defense?
    Is it guns you want to sell only that need unloaded?
    If it is your edc is taking the round out of the chamber good enough? Or do they require the magazine to be pulled out as well?
    If they require it completely empty are you allowed to carry the magazine around with you at the show or do they confiscate it until you leave? Or make you put it in your vehicle?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After reading through this thread I have to ask this.
    At our Indiana gun shows are we supposed to unload our edc which will not get pulled out unless it's needed for self defense?
    Is it guns you want to sell only that need unloaded?
    If it is your edc is taking the round out of the chamber good enough? Or do they require the magazine to be pulled out as well?
    If they require it completely empty are you allowed to carry the magazine around with you at the show or do they confiscate it until you leave? Or make you put it in your vehicle?

All guns coming into a show need to be unloaded (completely). They will zip tie your EDC's chamber open so there is no way for it to be loaded. You can't bring in any loaded mags (I think).

Top Bottom