• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    What happens when you are in a country that doesn't allow carried firearms for self defense? You see advertising signs such as this posted at the local Ace Hardware store. Can you imagine seeing something like this in your local neighborhood? The Karens would be screaming and shrieking. 20220401_152859.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Those can't be legal, they look like assault bats. No sporting purpose whatsoever.

It's actually illegal in most places to sell (or own) baseball bats as weapon.

I know in the UK it's highly illegal.
    I've seen in a TV documentary a British automobilist being stopped by a British cop ... the cop searched the car and found a baseball bat in the trunk (or rather the boot there).
    The cop asked what was the purposed of the bat and the owner answered "self defense" (instead of the obvious "for sport").
    The cop said "wrong answer" as he drew his handcuffs. :facepalm:

I know in Poland you need a sporting licence to buy and own a baseball bat. :nuts:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I've seen in a TV documentary a British automobilist being stopped by a British cop ... the cop searched the car and found a baseball bat in the trunk (or rather the boot there).
    The cop asked what was the purposed of the bat and the owner answered "self defense" (instead of the obvious "for sport").

I know in Poland you need a sporting licence to buy and own a baseball bat. :nuts:

Exactly the idiocy that keeps me on this side of the pond.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Countries that don't allow you to carry a firearm for self defense is why I have no desire to leave the US. Or visit commie areas of this country.
    Not allowed =/= not able.

You would be surprised to know how many people carry weapons, including handguns, in countries where it's not legally allowed to carry them.

Also the US is not the only country where it's legal, a few countries in Europe offer carry permits for firearms.

Over 300,000 people have carry licence in the Czech Republic.

Czech gun licence ...

pndlyn0qlpz61.jpg

Some areas allow you to carry a handgun as long as it's not a "military caliber", like 9mm.
    That's why the Glock 25 is popular in some parts of Europe.

A lot of countries in Europe are more gun-friendly than some US states.

You can even cross European borders (legally) with firearms.
    There is such a thing as a "firearms pass" in the EU, with that document you can bring a firearm into another EU state.

main-qimg-0ba9c2c8807b947788f60518e18128aa-lq

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

You would be surprised to know how many people carry weapons, including handguns, in countries where it's not legally allowed to carry them.

Also the US is not the only country where it's legal, a few countries in Europe offer carry permits for firearms.

Czech gun licence ...

pndlyn0qlpz61.jpg

Some areas allow you to carry a handgun as long as it's not a "military caliber", like 9mm.

There is such a thing as a "firearms pass" in the EU, with that document you can bring a firearm into another EU state.

While I suppose the argument that something is better than nothing could apply, Sylvain's post shows that assuming assailents are unarmed in "gun free" zones isn't a good idea anywhere. Personally I follow wtburnette's method and just never visit those places.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    The bigger issue is a lot of those countries (like the UK) have legislated the right for one to act in self defense (sort of what your seeing progressive backed Prosecutors doing here trying to charge folks that were justified)

So discrete defensive items both possessed and used get one in a world of hurt and in other countries courts you don’t have a judged by 12 situations your just hit.

I know when I was in England it was very different

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    While I suppose the argument that something is better than nothing could apply, Sylvain's post shows that assuming assailents are unarmed in "gun free" zones isn't a good idea anywhere. Personally I follow wtburnette's method and just never visit those places.
    I never go anywhere unarmed and always assume others are armed as well.

My location, and local laws are irrelevant when it comes to my personal safety.

It's all about mindset, tactics and training, and no so much the gear you carry.

A lot of folks who carry guns in the US are actually unarmed, because they have no idea what they're doing (no force on force training, no retention skills, no hand-to-hand combat skills, no physical fitness etc).

It takes more than owning, and carrying, a gun to be armed.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Years ago Uncle Sam sent me to the orient, and I only carried a pocket knife ....I go nowhere now a days without a gun....Off course while in Germany, I went into a gun store and legally bought a switchblade knife (illegal here at the time) Sylvain, if I'm ever in France, I'm staying with you...........Kidding....maybe.....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Czech gun licence ...

pndlyn0qlpz61.jpg

Understood, but I'd prefer to be in places where my right to self defense is spelled out in the law. Another reason why I won't visit the commie states, as mentioned... ;)

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN

Czech gun licence ...

pndlyn0qlpz61.jpg

Right on Sylvain! Very refreshing to know this. You may have a slice of my pizza if you like. It's very yummy. Got it at 'Noble Roman's'.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You need to get some chambering in 38 super, then. Central American countries and Mexico have that restriction here. Before things got crazy here, I used to like to shop for used guns in that caliber while visiting friends in Arizona. There was quite a selection

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I cannot imagine that.
    I like to keep an autoloader carbine around in case I need one. I can't imagine getting grief for a bat.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I cannot imagine that.
    I like to keep an autoloader carbine around in case I need one. I can't imagine getting grief for a bat.

That's what kills me, they took it too far (every country who has outlawed guns and then on and on). Because it's not the weapon, it's the person behind it. You can ban everything you think is a weapon and pretty soon people will start using unique things. Come down to it we'll beat each other to death with hands, feet, elbows and heads. When will these countries wise up? My guess is never and that's a shame. Law abiding citizens die from the lack of having a weapon to fight back and the only ones these laws protect is the criminals. Civilized countries my a$$.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Even a roll of coins can be an illegal weapon. (if you admit it) Mind boggling.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's what kills me, they took it too far (every country who has outlawed guns and then on and on). Because it's not the weapon, it's the person behind it. You can ban everything you think is a weapon and pretty soon people will start using unique things. Come down to it we'll beat each other to death with hands, feet, elbows and heads. When will these countries wise up? My guess is never and that's a shame. Law abiding citizens die from the lack of having a weapon to fight back and the only ones these laws protect is the criminals. Civilized countries my a$$.

I forgot to explicitly point out that a country that protects it's criminals over it's law abiding citizens is not a civilized country. Unfortunately we're on the way to being that way (and already are in most urban areas).

Top Bottom