• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Is there a way to get the QR code again to setup on my phone? When I set it up I used my wifes phone and I would prefer to set it up on my own.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not required, but still recommended. For ALL accounts that support it.

I work in IT and deal with hacked accounts all the time. Scratch that. I USED to. When we switched to 2 factor authentication the successful attacks stopped entirely.

Now I just deal with "Hey, I keep getting these text spams several times a day."
    "Send me one." "Holy crap, change your password. Thats a legit code from that vendor, so that means somebody has your password and is trying to log into your account. But since they cant get that code off your phone, they wont be able to log in."

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Not required, but still recommended. For ALL accounts that support it.

I work in IT and deal with hacked accounts all the time. Scratch that. I USED to. When we switched to 2 factor authentication the successful attacks stopped entirely.

Now I just deal with "Hey, I keep getting these text spams several times a day."
    "Send me one." "Holy crap, change your password. Thats a legit code from that vendor, so that means somebody has your password and is trying to log into your account. But since they cant get that code off your phone, they wont be able to log in."
    I don't have an issue with using it, I would actually prefer to continue to use it. But until someone can tell me how to get the code to get it on my phone again I will leave it as is. There has to be a way. If someone got a new phone and wasn't able to switch the info over for some reason they would have the same request.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't have an issue with using it, I would actually prefer to continue to use it. But until someone can tell me how to get the code to get it on my phone again I will leave it as is. There has to be a way. If someone got a new phone and wasn't able to switch the info over for some reason they would have the same request.
    If you go into account, then password settings, you can change it there. It might be best to turn off 2FA then turn it back on and set it up fresh.

Top Bottom