• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Any ideas for a secure mount by bedside?
    I‘m preferring secure storage that would allow mounting a lock or locked box, out of sight, and behind my headboard, or at the rear of my dresser.
    I have kids in the house, and whil my pistol safe is handy, its not large enough for a full size with a can mounted.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Any ideas for a secure mount by bedside?
    I‘m preferring secure storage that would allow mounting a lock or locked box, out of sight, and behind my headboard, or at the rear of my dresser.
    I have kids in the house, and whil my pistol safe is handy, its not large enough for a full size with a can mounted.
    What about one designed for a rifle?
    I think I've seen ones for rifles that go under the bed.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Shotlock has single firearm quick access security products with mechanical push button locks. No keys, no electronics crap to fail at the time of need. You'll have to give them a call to see what they recommend for a handgun with a can. Maybe the handgun lock can be made to allow the suppressor to stick out, or maybe they have an accessory that will enclose the shotgun lock on just one side. Challenge um, maybe they'll give you a prototype to beta test, lol.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Good idea, request sent.
    which reminds me, I need to change the batteries in my oistol box!

It was something like their rifle/shotgun lock that I had in mind for the pistol - mostly exposed, no steel box to bang the gun on, marking it up and making noise when you’re trying to be quiet.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Do a Google search for "wall art gun safe". Lots of choices
    Yeah, I thought about building my own, My concern there is that they're so prevalent now that it's not so much of a secret hiding spot, they're simply a lead-in to "find the magnet".

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah, I thought about building my own, My concern there is that they're so prevalent now that it's not so much of a secret hiding spot, they're simply a lead-in to "find the magnet".
    I thought your concern was the kids.

Where crooks are concerned, I think you are giving most of them way too much credit.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    It sure is. My kids have kids over. I have an appreciation for how curious a teenage boy can be, and if I found ads and builds on youtube without trying, you can bet they see the same.

Still waiting to hear from the Shotlock folks.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It sure is. My kids have kids over. I have an appreciation for how curious a teenage boy can be, and if I found ads and builds on youtube without trying, you can bet they see the same.

Still waiting to hear from the Shotlock folks.
    Do your kids shoot?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Maybe the handgun lock can be made to allow the suppressor to stick out,
    That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Take the existing pistol box and a hole saw. Then either split some rubber tubing or even silicone caulk around the hole to protect the silencer.

If you want to get real fancy have a piece of capped pipe welded onto the box, then it will all be enclosed but might make it a pain to pull it out depending.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Have you looked into Griffin camlok? It is kind of like a 3 lug for tilting barrel handguns. You could use camlok and leave the silencer in the box but not mounted until you need to pull it out. The camlok can be installed in under a second, but will take a little practice to get used to it. It isnt a perfect solution, but may be better than your other options.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Camlok is a great option. I’m waiting for an Osprey to some in, then that’ll be my first can. I wasn’t sure yet what piston to get, but I think I’ll go the camlok route, thanks!

I like the idea of extending my existing box, too…(if I had a nickel...).

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    How about a lock on the bedroom door like your front door. Maybe one with a keypad that can be shut when you aren’t there. Combined with a magnet on the nightstand. A little unorthodox, but eases a lot of worries.

Top Bottom