Second Largest Bank Failure in U.S. History…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You know the more someone tries to brow beat me into accepting their opinion as fact the harder I tend to push back.
    And that’s why, unlike our friend upthread, I am not trying to convince you of anything.

What Jamil said.

You probably don’t know where I stand on BTC, until now.
    I bought $100 worth when it was something like 14k. Just to say I owned a bit of the future, not to make me rich.
    Maybe it’s the future, maybe it’s not, but ‘if’ it’s not, it’s not for the reasons you guys are throwing out here.

The meme is funny, and you might not be wrong.
    Two things can be true at once - also Jamil.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    And that’s why, unlike our friend upthread, I am not trying to convince you of anything.

What Jamil said.

You probably don’t know where I stand on BTC, until now.
    I bought $100 worth when it was something like 14k. Just to say I owned a bit of the future, not to make me rich.
    Maybe it’s the future, maybe it’s not, but ‘if’ it’s not, it’s not for the reasons you guys are throwing out here.

The meme is funny, and you might not be wrong.
    Two things can be true at once - also Jamil.
    I have a feeling there is a fairly sizable percentage of bitcoin people that are identical to vegans or CrossFit people. You’ll know who they we. Always. Then there are people like you who have an opinion that you’ll share if asked but like to be more like us and let people do whatever they want to do.

There is no one right answer to any of this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is actually pretty accurate. Bitcoin, isolated, unable to do anything. :thumbsup:
    I've heard some "expert" say, the US dollar is not too volatile but not all that stable right now. That bit coin is volitile, but stable. By "stable" I think he meant in terms of long term viability. The guy thought that bitcoin would be around a long time, and that the dollar would not be. Pretty bold claim. But, I can't help but notice that this administration is trying it's best to make that a reality. Not for the sake of bitcoin but some kind of digital currency.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    When you think about it, the USD is already a digital currency. We already trade in it digitally every time we use a credit or debit card, or use wire transfers, ACH deposits, PayPal, etc..
    I rarely use cash for anything, and it's been that way for years. I guess I've already swtiched to a digital currency called the "Dollar."

I pissed off a toll booth operator in Massachusetts on the way back from a Maine vacation a few years back. At the time, they only took cash at toll booths. I did have some at the time, because I was travelling. The toll was like $3 or something like that, and all I had were $20 bills. The toll booth guy seemed kinda ticked off and asked me, "Is that the smallest bill ya got?" I told him, "Yeah, I didn't expect it to be 1965 in Massachusetts. Even Kentucky has automated tolling." Oh, he did NOT like the Kentucky comment.

That felt really good.

****ing Massholes.

:):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I've heard some "expert" say, the US dollar is not too volatile but not all that stable right now. That bit coin is volitile, but stable. By "stable" I think he meant in terms of long term viability. The guy thought that bitcoin would be around a long time, and that the dollar would not be. Pretty bold claim. But, I can't help but notice that this administration is trying it's best to make that a reality. Not for the sake of bitcoin but some kind of digital currency.
    Personally I think if you replace the word bitcoin with corn, it makes it easier to understand with less of the emotional baggage attached, which is a fault I see when arguing for, or against.
    Also I think corn is gold, but that's an emotional argument on my part.

Big difference between "BTC" and "some kind of digital currency" in the end game. I think the BTCer's want to break the world powers (fix the world) and the gov'ts just want to hang on to the power. They'd love to keep on keepin on, but the future just won't let them.
    Also keep in mind that this admin is completely 100% feckless and them doing anything is probably coming from above, whatever that is.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    No one on the whitelist wanted the assets...FDIC..."well,we can delay and use political pressure someone has to keep the woke alive"

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    No one on the whitelist wanted the assets...FDIC..."well,we can delay and use political pressure someone has to keep the woke alive"
    Is there evidence as to who the companies were that were restricted from buying and why?

Also, we may have to change the thread title to first largest bank(s) failure if they keep screwing it up.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Is there evidence as to who the companies were that were restricted from buying and why?

Also, we may have to change the thread title to first largest bank(s) failure if they keep screwing it up.
    We can only see who is bidding. Peasants can not see the list of who can. Even those bidding are only known if they publicly announce it.

First Citizens checks all the boxes though(the left WOKE ideals).
    LGTPQRSTUV+
    Donations to BLM
    CRT support(through non profit donations)

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

And now the eyes are on Deutsche.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So first we bail out all depositors. Now they need 20 billion in federal backing to complete the sale of SVB to First Citizens bank.
    "triggering an estimated $20 billion hit to a government-run insurance fund."

SInce First Citizens is woke,they can not be expected to take any losses. In short we just handed First Citizens 20 billion in treasury bonds for free.

Top Bottom