• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Thanks for the heads up about Champion's Choice!
    I just ordered 2000rds Federal Gold Medal Target for 8c per round after shipping

2-fegm711b.jpg

...was delivered 2hrs ago!

They had over 1800 (50rd) boxes when I bought these last week...theyre down to 200 as of 1hr ago...

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I have a decent stock pile of the cheaper bulk stuff. If anyone is having trouble finding 22, I’ll be happy to sell a box or two so they can still get to the range and shoot. I don’t hoard a whole bunch but like to replace what I shoot with double or more if I can. Have done this since last shortage and even then gave out 22 to people to keep them shooting.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for the heads-up on this. Grabbed 4 which along with what I've already got means I should be good till the election. I'm assuming this stuff is decent too -- never shot Eley but everything I've read is positive?

Looks like they still have ~1600 bricks left of this

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I started shooting right towards the end of the great 22lr drought. It kinda really sucked :( Good on you keeping people shooting then.

How long was it straight up impossible to get? By the time I was shooting I'd be able to find _something_ doing the rounds 2-3 times a week at least at one spot on one of the 2-3 trips.

I have a decent stock pile of the cheaper bulk stuff. If anyone is having trouble finding 22, I’ll be happy to sell a box or two so they can still get to the range and shoot. I don’t hoard a whole bunch but like to replace what I shoot with double or more if I can. Have done this since last shortage and even then gave out 22 to people to keep them shooting.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thanks for the heads-up on this. Grabbed 4 which along with what I've already got means I should be good till the election. I'm assuming this stuff is decent too -- never shot Eley but everything I've read is positive?

Eley is good stuff in general. Action and Action+ are about the lowest grade ammo they make, and it is still as good if not better than the best of CCI. Action is easily sub MOA in my T1x.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I started shooting right towards the end of the great 22lr drought. It kinda really sucked :( Good on you keeping people shooting then.

How long was it straight up impossible to get? By the time I was shooting I'd be able to find _something_ doing the rounds 2-3 times a week at least at one spot on one of the 2-3 trips.

That was a bad time to get started, but I get the feeling this go-round is going to be even worse and longer. IIRC the worst of it last time lasted almost a year, then took another 6 months to start getting back to anything close to normal.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I bought some of this last weekend and it was delivered yesterday. I had no experience with it before but I got to shoot 200 rounds of it today. I liked it well enough to place another order as soon as I got home.
    May have been a fluke but I made my best shot ever. Hit the dead center of target cross hairs at 50 yds. Then I wasn't thinking and kept shooting and ruined my souvenier.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Midwest gun exchange had the 325 Rd bulk packs of federal automatch at 6.7 cents after tax fwiw -- least 30-40 left when they were closing.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I'm pretty new so if I'm outta line, apologies.

Should this and the 22lr ammo thread in the general firearms sub forum maybe be merged?

Just asking cause right now I'm checking two threads for the exact same thing. Cross posted this in that thread as well.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    A little tip for y'all buying Eley the first time. Season your barrel with 10-15 rounds before shooting groups. Something about the lube they use doesn't play well with other brand's lube. Once you get the barrel prepped, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    A little tip for y'all buying Eley the first time. Season your barrel with 10-15 rounds before shooting groups. Something about the lube they use doesn't play well with other brand's lube. Once you get the barrel prepped, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good tip. I have been unimpressed with Eley in the past, especially for the price point. I may not have been putting enough rounds down the tube before trying for groups.

Top Bottom