• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I ordered 2k Eley Force from Killough Shooting Sports last week because Champions Choice was out. $4.95 per box was a steal imho. A couple Contact boxes followed them too.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I just went to that site.
    6.6 cents per round but there was going to be a shipping charge of $16??
    Did you have to order a certain quantity to get the free shipping (it didn't say)?

IMO $16 for shipping isnt all that bad.
    i paid $22 in shipping on 1000 rds a couple weeks ago. it did show up at my front door in less than 48 hours.

:cheers:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I just went to that site.
    6.6 cents per round but there was going to be a shipping charge of $16??
    Did you have to order a certain quantity to get the free shipping (it didn't say)?

Yep, no free shipping until $500. That's why I said a little over 7 cents/rd. I ordered 4 boxes and received them and 6 more today. I found the shipping "per box average" does go down slightly as the quantity goes up. No Indiana tax either.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yep, no free shipping until $500. That's why I said a little over 7 cents/rd. I ordered 4 boxes and received them and 6 more today. I found the shipping "per box average" does go down slightly as the quantity goes up. No Indiana tax either.

In the last 2 weeks I've bought over 10,000 rounds and spending over $1000 on ammo alone & over $1600 on rifles/pistols & etc, so I'm done for this month.
    I changed my approach about spending on "the hobby" this past month and it shows:
    - 4 handguns (Springfield XD-S Mod 2 & Ruger Mark 4 Target & Rossi .22LR revolver, Ruger Hunter .22LR revovler)
    - 2 rifles (Henry Pump .22LR & CZ .22LR Trainer)
    - 10k+ rounds of ammo
    - 3 holsters (for CZ Rami & Sig 365 & XD)
    - 3 scopes (Tasco, Bushnell, Leupold)
    - 2 rifle rests

I'm going to have to catch my breath!

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    In the last 2 weeks I've bought over 10,000 rounds and spending over $1000 on ammo alone & over $1600 on rifles/pistols & etc, so I'm done for this month.
    I changed my approach about spending on "the hobby" this past month and it shows:
    - 4 handguns (Springfield XD-S Mod 2 & Ruger Mark 4 Target & Rossi .22LR revolver, Ruger Hunter .22LR revovler)
    - 2 rifles (Henry Pump .22LR & CZ .22LR Trainer)
    - 10k+ rounds of ammo
    - 3 holsters (for CZ Rami & Sig 365 & XD)
    - 3 scopes (Tasco, Bushnell, Leupold)
    - 2 rifle rests

I'm going to have to catch my breath!

If that's too much for you just ask for help. Plenty of willing testers ready to make sure you got your money's worth. :yesway:

portercounty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Porter County
    22 LR is being panic bought again?? Seriously? Was at RK in Bedford today. Had tons of it. And 9mm. Just saying.

Did you happen to take note of the prices? Just curious if that stuff is in stock because it's priced super high or if stock is starting to normalize again. Fingers crossed for the latter...

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    The rush on 22 started later than the one on centerfire. It started with the lower priced ammo and has been going up the price ladder ever since. A month ago you could order all the rimfire you wanted, now look at it. Even a couple weeks ago there was still lots of mid and higher priced ammo. Now, if its even available is only at higher prices and many retailers are putting in place purchase limits. Another thing too with foreign made ammo the availability will wax and wane some even in the best of times. We've got a long way to go before we see any light.

If the Bedford RK had that much on the shelf it is a good possibility they had just unloaded a truck and restocked. Almost all the reports I've seen on other boards indicate having relatively full shelves right now is very much an anomaly, especially with 9mm and 223/5.56. That's nationwide, and not just Indiana. RK guns has literally no 9mm or 223/5.56 and only 1 type of 22 listed.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    The rush on 22 started later than the one on centerfire. It started with the lower priced ammo and has been going up the price ladder ever since. A month ago you could order all the rimfire you wanted, now look at it. Even a couple weeks ago there was still lots of mid and higher priced ammo. Now, if its even available is only at higher prices and many retailers are putting in place purchase limits. Another thing too with foreign made ammo the availability will wax and wane some even in the best of times. We've got a long way to go before we see any light.

If the Bedford RK had that much on the shelf it is a good possibility they had just unloaded a truck and restocked. Almost all the reports I've seen on other boards indicate having relatively full shelves right now is very much an anomaly, especially with 9mm and 223/5.56. That's nationwide, and not just Indiana. RK guns has literally no 9mm or 223/5.56 and only 1 type of 22 listed.

Happy Birthday

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Stopped at one of the local seed and feed stores yesterday.
    Had a good pile of Aguila SE HV for $3.29/50.
    It was noticeably smaller when I left. :):

Funniest thing I've read all day! :thumbsup:
    Reminds me of a friend who goes every day to buy his limit on .22LR b/c where he goes always has some (not in Indy).

Top Bottom