• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm picky on my ammo. Got plenty of my cheap plinking ammo but have been looking for some of my favorite serious use ammo, and its a little hard to find. About the only thing easy to find is the $$$$$$$ stuff, and even it is not as plentiful as a few months ago. Sorry, but I'm not going to spend $15-20/50 to shoot steel.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Thanks for the heads up about Champion's Choice!
    I just ordered 2000rds Federal Gold Medal Target for 8c per round after shipping

2-fegm711b.jpg

...was delivered 2hrs ago!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My LGS had those new plastic tupperware looking containers of Federal BYOB for about 5 cents, so I bought some more today.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My LGS had those new plastic tupperware looking containers of Federal BYOB for about 5 cents, so I bought some more today.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
    Just ordered 3 "buckets" of them.
    NO SHIPPING: Yea! :rockwoot:

Last evening I bought 7 bricks of Aguila Super Extra from a member I'd done business with before.
    That was just to help replace what I've been shooting lately since joining MCFG outdoor range really hard with the rifles having fun.
    I already have a couple of cases of it, plus ordered more Aguila online a couple of weeks ago.
    It even shot better from my RPR & 10/22 & now Henry Pump than CCI SV.

The fun part is that I also bought some misc. ammo he used to see what his Tikka (I think that was the name) rifle liked.
    DPi38hB.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
    Just ordered 3 "buckets" of them...

Don't get too excited yet. Bass Pro has really bad inventory accounting and frequently over sell and cancel orders.

Several people that ordered these earlier have already gotten cancellation notices. I currently have part of an order canceled and not holding my breath on the remainder.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Don't get too excited yet. Bass Pro has really bad inventory accounting and frequently over sell and cancel orders.

Oh the other hand, they'll have stuff on the shelf they don't even list online. Portage had 2350 rounds of Aguila 40gr super extra on the shelf on Sunday. No price tag on the shelf, nothing online, counter guy said at this point they are just putting ammo out as quick as they get it.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Glad I shouldn't have this problem. Since I do shoot a lot of .22 I have always bought a box or 2 everytime I'm out. After the Obamascare and everything in between todays stuff I have one ammo can that me and the grandsons don't touch. I keep telling them it is there allotment for their lifetime. Haven't told them that that can has over 100,000 rds in it. Hoarder maybe, Prepared Oh Yeah!!!!!

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Several people that ordered these earlier have already gotten cancellation notices. I currently have part of an order canceled and not holding my breath on the remainder.

I got a canceled email too.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just got my "rejection" email:

There Has Been an Update to Your Order

Hi Gary,

The item(s) below are out of stock and unfortunately we had to cancel the order.
    At this time we are unable to estimate when this item will be available for purchase.
    Please note that you were never charged for the item.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to work diligently with our suppliers to restock the item(s) as soon as possible.
    Please check our website for product updates and availability.
    Our representatives do not have any additional detail about product arrival dates and are unable to re-order items that have already been canceled.
    We hope you will keep us in mind for all you future outdoor needs!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    We burned a lot of 22 since my son started shooting couple years ago.

One of the lessons I learned from the great ammo shortage after Sandy Hook, is Buy, Buy, Buy, Load, Load, Load.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    We burned a lot of 22 since my son started shooting couple years ago.

One of the lessons I learned from the great ammo shortage after Sandy Hook, is Buy, Buy, Buy, Load, Load, Load.

Been there, a few years back during the last rimfire issue I had two sons shooting 4H and JROTC at the same time.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i was running very low on 22LR. i typically stock up over the winter, as usage drops, and prices are a little lower. my plan bit me in the ass this year, i kept putting off buying, and then the covid BS started....and the shelves emptied overnight.
    managed to find 1000rds of aguila superextra HV via ammoseek a couple weeks ago.
    i'll probably still come up short on ammo this year, my "season" will probably end early :(

:cheers:

Top Bottom