• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    Any one know of anyone in the Greensburg/Batesville/Columbus greater area that can remove a stuck case?

I had a bad day on Monday when I fired my Yugoslavian M76 using proper M75 Yugo ammo. I fired and the gun cylced fine, but when I went to load a fresh magazine I couldn't get a round to seat. So I inspected the chamber and there is a partial spent casing lodged in the chamber. The headstamp was sheared off and ejected normally, leaving the rest of the case behind. So I can't just use a cleaning rod.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you had a small enough dental pick, you might be able to insert it from the breech and snag the front edge of the stuck case and pull it out. Just spit ballin' here. I'm still in awe that you have an AK type rifle that shoots 8mm Mauser ammo. :bowdown:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Do you have a good sized freezer? Freeze the whole works, brass and steel do the freeze / thaw thing at different rates. Leave it over night. I have been pretty successful, Sometimes the stuck round just falls out without tools.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    If you had a small enough dental pick, you might be able to insert it from the breech and snag the front edge of the stuck case and pull it out. Just spit ballin' here. I'm still in awe that you have an AK type rifle that shoots 8mm Mauser ammo. :bowdown:
    Thanks, yeah she's a real beaut. Relegated mostly to safe queen and sadly she may spend even more time in the safe now that I'm hesitant to use surplus ammo. (8mm is the last cheap surplus round)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks, yeah she's a real beaut. Relegated mostly to safe queen and sadly she may spend even more time in the safe now that I'm hesitant to use surplus ammo. (8mm is the last cheap surplus round)
    If you can find some of the Romanian surplus it's pretty nice ammo. Not as hot as Yugo or Turk, and it's usually a lot newer.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    If you can find some of the Romanian surplus it's pretty nice ammo. Not as hot as Yugo or Turk, and it's usually a lot newer.
    Yes I've heard I should look out for some of the Romanian stuff with SADU '13 headstamps. Supposedly it's some good stuff.

Also the Portugese stuff that's been dried up for years. They say that's among the best.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes I've heard I should look out for some of the Romanian stuff with SADU '13 headstamps. Supposedly it's some good stuff.

Also the Portugese stuff that's been dried up for years. They say that's among the best.
    SGAmmo has Romanian. The older stuff is only 51 cents/round. The newer is 0.76 - 0.80/round.

Top Bottom