• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    For six years now I have walked past this Glock accessory at my LGS. Nobody has ever showed interest in it. In an effort to make room for more inventory the manager sold me this mount at a steep discount. Sticker price does not reflect what I paid.

I bought this out of satire mostly. Wondering if it even worked. If nothing else it would be cheap fun to share with everyone here.
    IMG_20230308_014745_315.jpg

The mount appears to be of adequate quality and is easy to install. Remove old trigger pin, slide mount on until rail locks, install new trigger pin. Fit over my OEM Glock 17 frame is very snug.
    IMG_20230308_014745_773.jpg
    It looks comical I know. The only spare optic I had on hand was a 1-4x Leupold. Again, this is a lighthearted endevour. But the company DOES refer to this as a "scope mount", so its getting a scope.
    IMG_20230308_014745_718.jpg
    My confidence in the mount lowered even more after this point. Tightening the rings showed how flimsy the width of rail really was. I made sure to use an appropriate amount of torque otherwise the rail would distort badly.

Once mounted it became apparent the the optic has a lot of leverage over the mount and can easily be manipulated. Partially because of the polymer mount but also because its grabbing onto a non reinforced dust cover.
    IMG_20230308_014746_062.jpg
    They leave a little window for use of irons. If you look closely you can see the rail width ever so slightly bowed from the scope rings.

So how did it do? I took this to 20 yards. Rested my hands on a bag off a vehicle and took a couple ten shot groups.

Black marks indicate scoped shots, red marks indicate iron sight shots.
    IMG_20230308_014745_527.jpg
    Results are hit and miss. The scope and I held nearly the same group.... When all conditions were perfect. There are three black flyers you'll notice that are very far away from the black group. Any minor thing can affect this mount and point of impact will easily be thrown off.

Overall this product did perform slightly better than I was expecting. The flyers are no surprise and I think are unavoidable given the nature of the mounting surfaces.

Perhaps 10 years ago this product would have been more appealing, before the widespread availability of optics ready handguns. Nowadays, I'm not sure which niche this mount would satisfy. The Fab Glock Scope Mount will remain a range toy in my opinion.

I've had my fun and will be GIVING the mount away to whichever INGOer wants to try their luck with this gadget. PM me for details.

It would be great to read INGO's experiences with similar products down below.

Last edited:

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    A gentleman by the name of Bobby Carver has been making them for 20+ years. His are very durable and excellent. His were the 1st on the market. Most GSSF shooters liked them because it optioned them a way to shoot a red dot- adding another class
    .I'd LOVE to have it.

Top Bottom