• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am hunting a farm for coyotes and I am restricted because of woods to 100 yards.Would red dots be good OR what power scope would be best ? I will be using a .223.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    If your calling in heavier type cover…woods, brush, etc…it’s hard to beat a shotgun with #4 buck shot. Otherwise something low power like Vette recommended. I also like 53 grain Vmax for my 223 fwiw.

M.Cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I am hunting a farm for coyotes and I am restricted because of woods to 100 yards.Would red dots be good OR what power scope would be best ? I will be using a .223.
    I would go with a 3x9 or 4x12 with a fire dot for eariy morning or late evening shots maybe run a laser as you can see them through a scope also. I use a Leupold 4 x12 fire dot and love it.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My buddy has a a Remy 700 22-250 and he uses a Coyote Special scope with great results. Not sure who makes it but hes been using it for at least 5-6 years and says that rifle wont ever wear a different scope. I used it once and dropped a dog at 300yds first shot.

Edit: I just looked it up and Nikon makes it. I personally am not a Nikon fan but it works as it should and my buddy has dropped many of dogs with his and has had zero issues. ( Yes I'm a scope snob and been hearing that for years )

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    My buddy has a a Remy 700 22-250 and he uses a Coyote Special scope with great results. Not sure who makes it but hes been using it for at least 5-6 years and says that rifle wont ever wear a different scope. I used it once and dropped a dog at 300yds first shot.

Edit: I just looked it up and Nikon makes it. I personally am not a Nikon fan but it works as it should and my buddy has dropped many of dogs with his and has had zero issues. ( Yes I'm a scope snob and been hearing that for years )

Nikon hasnt made scopes in a year or so.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I use a a Leupold 4 x12 on the AR10, red dot and 3X multiplyer on AR 15, 6X Parsons on the Marlin .45-70, 4X Sears on my Sears/Marlin Model 60. These guns have killed over 300 coyotes over the years.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Got one last night while deer hunting, 1.5X4 on a Marlin 1894 44 mag. They come to those doe can calls.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby got a Super Hogster for his birthday this year. He's been playing with it a bit the past week so I expect some dead yotes here before long. Life kind of got in the way at the start of coyote season but he is feeling better and gearing up for more hunting now. Added a deer carcass to the bait pile today so that should help as well.

74 or more

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Parke co.
    Got a Trueglow 1x6 x 24 lpvo 4 in eye relief . $150. On Amazon .Came with nice mount , alm lense cover, and a lever on x adjustment . Illuminated redical. Fast target acuzition on low power. And this spell check sucks. ,just saying

Top Bottom