• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I love Indy. It's one of the reasons I live here. Downtown isn't what it once was.
    It saddens me I agreed with this article.

We need to take back out city before it becomes a **** hole like countless dem cities.

.....maybe I should run for mayor. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, when you say “once was,” what do you mean? I ask because downtown Indy, and Indy in general isn’t nearly as bad as has bad as it traditionally has been. Ask anyone who wore, not just a IMPD patch, but someone who was around during the IPD days.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    But I JUST got here!

i moved here from Massachusetts though, so basically anywhere would seem like paradise comparatively.

but in all seriousness...basically anywhere outside the 465 seems pretty damn country (and nice) to me...am I wrong?

if it gets out of control, just circle the wagons around the city and don’t let anybody in or out until the problem solves itself. Should only take a couple of days to purge Indy given the amount of crime I hear about on the radio...hell, I might even be able to take care of it if I had enough ammo (donations welcome).
    Like most things in life it really is a matter of what you're used to, right?
    :)

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    When I moved to Indiana twenty years ago I was in Greenwood. Two years of that and thought not here. Moved to Columbus love it here but they ave closing in. Thinking Versailles is really nice.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Once the cancer is "allowed" to spread deeper into the tissue, the chances for curing it become less. Look a any major city and you will see they mostly get worse. As long as the people continue it's current voting pattern, this will be the norm; the foundation from what the future will look like.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Guess it depends on what you consider "Indianapolis".

Downtown was a pit in the 1970's / 80's. Got better through the 1990's and into the early part of this century. Amazing how quickly it can reverse in the last couple of years.

Other areas, like the "donut" around downtown, haven't been nice since what, the 1950's? Maybe longer? I lived at 42nd and College for quite a while. What was once a well-to-do neighborhood (the Block house is right around the corner) has been a ******** for decades. Hell, I heard more gunshots there than out here, and I now live within hearing range of a trap club.

Of course, there are pockets of pretty darned decent: Lockerbie, for instance.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Guess it depends on what you consider "Indianapolis".

Downtown was a pit in the 1970's / 80's. Got better through the 1990's and into the early part of this century. Amazing how quickly it can reverse in the last couple of years.

Other areas, like the "donut" around downtown, haven't been nice since what, the 1950's? Maybe longer? I lived at 42nd and College for quite a while. What was once a well-to-do neighborhood (the Block house is right around the corner) has been a ******** for decades. Hell, I heard more gunshots there than out here, and I now live within hearing range of a trap club.

Of course, there are pockets of pretty darned decent: Lockerbie, for instance.
    My friend who lives in Lockerbie is the guy who told me about his mystery sh!tter hitting his front stoop every day. He finally found out who it was, confronted him at 5am while having to take his dog out.

The homeless guy who was using his front stoop to poop told him to go ahead and call the cops, they wouldn't do anything. He did and they didn't.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    As long as the leftist mayor is there, and the crime rate stays high.
    My extended family won't go near the place.
    I've written hogshead and the chamber of commerce to voice my opinion...and we all know what that's worth

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This gave me a good chuckle as someone who drove on I-95 near New York City for 6 years. Indiana traffic has been beyond pleasant compared to that, even during construction!
    After driving an extended cab, extended bed dually through NYC and having to find parking a lot, I concur that there's no such thing as bad traffic in Indiana.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    If conservative states had any brains, they would secure future elections before it's too late. Voter ID laws, paper ballots only, laws to clean the voter rolls of dead people or people who move out of state, etc. Once the left gets the cheating voting machines installed, the voting public no longer has a say because they will simply switch votes or add ballots as needed to get their desired outcome, just like they did in this election.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    After driving an extended cab, extended bed dually through NYC and having to find parking a lot, I concur that there's no such thing as bad traffic in Indiana.

NYC is a walk in the park compared to LA. I am pretty sure the average speed on LA freeways is 8mph when average over the whole 24hr day. And if there is one drop of rain the average speed drops to .8mph.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    If conservative states had any brains, they would secure future elections before it's too late. Voter ID laws, paper ballots only, laws to clean the voter rolls of dead people or people who move out of state, etc. Once the left gets the cheating voting machines installed, the voting public no longer has a say because they will simply switch votes or add ballots as needed to get their desired outcome, just like they did in this election.
    Red states should jack taxes and restrict public assistance. No need to encourage migration

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Our son used to live outside of Houston about 20 miles. The trip into Houston where he worked was anywhere from two to three hours. Just the ride from the airport to his house on the six lane was an adventure !

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have been within 6 miles of downtown all my life. Traffic is horrendous.
    laugh.gif

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Where can you go ?
    That's the million dollar question.

Don't want to move to Bumblegump, IN, but don't want to live in Marion County, either. A happy medium out in a donut county a few miles out from decent shopping and restaurants would be nice, but judging by the house prices, that's what everybody else is looking for as well. I'd make a lot selling my house, but anything comparable would be double the money. The market is crazy right now. Hopefully, being in one of the the last bastions of civilization in Marion County will buy me a little time while I pay the mortgage down just a little more and look for a friendlier market in the months or few years ahead.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Look - we’re just a few bodies behind Chitcago. Stands to reason, since that’s where most of our drug and gang activity comes from:

A1720FE0-C331-4523-A047-AF13F46D464A.jpeg
    Whoever would’ve thought that media talking heads and politicians destroying the idea of law enforcement over the last year, creating an atmosphere of toxic community relations, putting massive targets on officer’s backs, beating administrations into submission and turning Chiefs into woke virtue signalers who throw their officers under the bus at the drop of hat would’ve ever foreseen such an outcome?

5C3C7DCD-0B84-4C7D-919F-54A598346442.jpeg

Reactions: JHB
    Top Bottom