• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I have a couple questions regarding SBRs:

1. I currently have one SBR chambered in 300 BLK (engraved with tax stamp), but would like to build another upper chambered in 5.56. The manufacturer engravings are 5.56. Will I need to file any additional paperwork to build the second upper? I’m fairly certain the engravings have me covered but it’s the portion of the form regarding the length of the weapon that I’m concerned with.

2. I have a spare lower that has not been registered with the ATF. If I do build another upper for my registered SBR, could I be prosecuted for having that upper and an unregistered lower in the same safe even though a registered lower is also present?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You only need to amend the registration if you make "permanent" changes. You could have an upper of every caliber if you want. Just keep the .300 as the primary, e.g. always put that one back on it when you put it in the safe or whatever.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just keep the original upper and collect as many others as you like. The other lower has no bearing on your SBR.

You can build the other lower as a pistol and put your SBR upper on it, as long as you follow the pistol rules like no vertical foregrip and the likes.

I see no reason to put the original upper back on the SBR each time you are done with it. As long as you have it you should be golden.

Now go start your new upper build and enjoy being able to configure how you want.

100 bullets

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Georgia
    They allow temporary barrel changes as long as you have upper that was registered with gun. So you can put several different uppers on the gun you already registered. I would not register another receiver unless you were planning to use it as a SBR

Top Bottom