• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I drove by that yesterday. Got on 65 at 231 and saw the stopped traffic. Luckily it was right at 231 so basically no delay for me. Drivers on 65 are getting to be complete a holes. Seems to be an accident every day.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This type of wreck happens far more often than is reported on the news. There is a large portion of society driving that just don't have the skillset to safely navigate heavy traffic situations at highway speeds. And, despite the law, they spend a significant portion of their time looking at their phone while behind the wheel!

People are just stupid. Then they wind up dead.
    Unfortunately, they usually take someone else out with them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This is 80/94 about a month ago. I drove past it.

View attachment 159780

View attachment 159781

The driver literally walked away. The passenger (car salesman kidnapped during a test drive) was injured, but survived.

The guy kidnapped someone over an '09 Kia? The salesman offered to let me take a scat pack challenger for a test drive while my wife was waiting to do the paperwork on her van. I was tempted, but declined. Probably because I knew I'd be tempted to do something like this. Well not the wreck part.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    4-5 years ago, in a construction zone, I was involved in an accident that ended up with the offending vehicle pinned under a semi-trailer in much the same fashion as the wreck OP mentioned. But not quite so dramatic - Thankfully. That car's A-pillar saved that mope - but ruined a lot of others' day.

It was I-69 south-bound between Anderson & Pendleton / Noblesville. A few years ago when that was all under construction to add the lanes. I'm in a GPS-monitored vehicle. So I'm generally obeying the posted construction-zone speed limits. Only semis have a "trucks use left lane" instruction. So I'm putzing along in the right lane (which is generally the shoulder) when I see this old Camry a few cars back start weaving in/out attempting to get around the slower traffic.

Dude doesn't realize the gap between my work van and the semi-trailer ahead and in the other lane from me isn't as large as he thinks. He cuts over and rubs the driver front of my van - which essentially PITs him. He over-corrects and ends up right under the middle of that semi-trailer.

not 100% what all he was cited for, but I know part of it involved an open container. Dude had gotten off work and was having a road pop on his way home. "I just wanted to get home to my kids, man." Yeah, well, and I don't? What a damned moron.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

View attachment 159780

View attachment 159781

The driver literally walked away. The passenger (car salesman kidnapped during a test drive) was injured, but survived.

If only the driver knew what that sign with those words and numbers right of the truck meant. Kind of ironic.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It seems like everytime I drive on an interstate I somehow manage to survive some idiot's attempt to kill me.

The most recent involved a guy that had to be going well over 100mph, honking his horn, and expecting everyone else to get out of his way. I owe my life to a truck driver that I was passing with the situational awareness to see what was happening and move over enough, off the road, to allow me to also squeeze out of the way of the idiot before he rear ended me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have to be at an appointment in Merrillville the week after next. Seriously considering taking the back roads.
    I do most of the time any more. I ran up and down 65 for 30 years without a thought, but now it's different. That was when people knew how to drive and didn't have cell phones.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yesterday, I drove from Indy's east side along I-70 west through downtown Indy to I-65 N to the toll road and then west again to Exit 5.

ZERO issues. Witnessed ZERO idiotic driving.

My return route from my second work location had me take 80/94 east from Indianapolis bvld to I-65 S. Other than people going stupidly slow in the construction zone / stupidly slow for a stalled car on the shoulder in said construction zone - I also had ZERO problems all the way back to my office. That included the construction mess in Indy.

You small-towners who are afraid of the big bad Interstate roads - I don't know what to tell you. Other than that if you're afraid of the Interstates, you'll probably drive like you're afraid. And that's dangerous, so I'm OK with y'all taking back roads.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Yesterday, I drove from Indy's east side along I-70 west through downtown Indy to I-65 N to the toll road and then west again to Exit 5.

ZERO issues. Witnessed ZERO idiotic driving.

My return route from my second work location had me take 80/94 east from Indianapolis bvld to I-65 S. Other than people going stupidly slow in the construction zone / stupidly slow for a stalled car on the shoulder in said construction zone - I also had ZERO problems all the way back to my office. That included the construction mess in Indy.

You small-towners who are afraid of the big bad Interstate roads - I don't know what to tell you. Other than that if you're afraid of the Interstates, you'll probably drive like you're afraid. And that's dangerous, so I'm OK with y'all taking back roads.
    That's a bit of driving not see at least one incident. Heck I have no issues driving interstates. I drove to work from Portage to the southeast side of Chicago for 9 years. Like Snapdragon posted. People got to be on the stupid cell phone instead of paying attention while driving. Both of our vehicles are programmed to have calls come through Uconnect.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

View attachment 159780

View attachment 159781

??? Who kidnaps a used car salesman? Talk about a weak bargaining chip...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That's a bit of driving not see at least one incident. Heck I have no issues driving interstates. I drove to work from Portage to the southeast side of Chicago for 9 years. Like Snapdragon posted. People got to be on the stupid cell phone instead of paying attention while driving. Both of our vehicles are programmed to have calls come through Uconnect.
    I honestly rarely ever see anything happen. And my mostly real-time GPS (Google Maps) routes me away from bad traffic situations for the most part.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    As a lifelong Indianapolis resident, anyone who isn’t seeing stupid driving on a daily basis is not paying enough attention. There’s no punishment and society has taken advantage. I was working a detail a few months back that had me on Fall Creek by the Fairgrounds. Nearly every car was going 10-15mph above the limit, and 20+ wasn’t uncommon. I only saw a handful of light cycles where someone didn’t badly run the red light.

Top Bottom