• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Although I haven't owned a SAR9 I have owned other SAR models and they were very well made.

I would also look into the Century Arms Canik TP9 lineup. They are also well made and have a reputation for being reliable.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    I rented one at the range I go to. It was a serviceable gun. It felt good in the hand and was reliable for the 100 or so rounds I put downrange. My only complaint was the trigger was a little too gritty. Other than that, it seemed like a good gun for the price point it was at.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Although I haven't owned a SAR9 I have owned other SAR models and they were very well made.

I would also look into the Century Arms Canik TP9 lineup. They are also well made and have a reputation for being reliable.
    TP9 > SAR products.

They're not bad, not really, they're just not particularly good and have terrible holster support in the US. My TP9SF just shuts up and works, and you can find holsters for it. Prices are comparable nowadays.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    TP9 is at least $100 more on Gunbroker. Haven't looked anywhere else, but with the low stock everywhere, GB is probably the best bet.

Edit: did find one for $85 more in FDE.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would say between the two that a majority of Ingo members have first hand knowledge of the TP9 series to draw from even more so than the SAR9. They seem to be pretty popular. I have owned a TP9 Elite SC and didn't have any issues with it myself.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think pretty much anywhere you look the SAR9 is going to be cheaper that the TP9. I've checked the two online retailers that I usually use and they both appear to be out of stock right now on the TP9.

They're pretty popular. If I run across it in stock anywhere else I'll post it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think pretty much anywhere you look the SAR9 is going to be cheaper that the TP9. I've checked the two online retailers that I usually use and they both appear to be out of stock right now on the TP9.

They're pretty popular. If I run across it in stock anywhere else I'll post it.
    Thanks. Stock is so low everywhere right now. Bad time for gun shopping.

I'm kicking myself for selling my CZ 75B a couple of years ago. :rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thanks. Stock is so low everywhere right now. Bad time for gun shopping.

I'm kicking myself for selling my CZ 75B a couple of years ago. :rolleyes:
    Yeah I hear ya. They're out there but sometimes you just have to get lucky and catch them in stock at the right time and be prepared to buy them when you see them. That's what I've done.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    My sons edc is a tp9 and he loves it, at 6'7" and 340 lbs he can carry darn near anything and no one would notice (someday I'll find out who is father is, LOL) I had a tp9sfx and hated it, it was a great gun but we just didn't fit together that well. I think the majority are more familiar with the tp9 than the sar9 and it probably comes down to aftermarket support more than anything else. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK guys, thanks for the recommendations. I may put everything on hold for a day or two because family calls. My 88-year-old mom took a fall today. Only suffered a broken big toe, but she's pretty shaken up. I'll take a look at these when I can.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    TP9 is at least $100 more on Gunbroker. Haven't looked anywhere else, but with the low stock everywhere, GB is probably the best bet.

Edit: did find one for $85 more in FDE.
    I seen an ad for one in an email a few days ago. I'll try to hunt it up for you.

I've looked at them in the past online 90% of the time. All seem to have good reviews by people who bought them.

Let me see if I can find that ad and get a link for you.

Found the ad and here is link.

It's $369 free shipping.

Adding a few more links so you can read customer reviews.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks, DS. Weighing the options. I really like the finger groove grip on the SAR. It looks like a Walther grip, and Walthers fit really well in my hand. I'll check everything out eventually. It was a rough night. She is very bruised and sore, and may have a knee injury that we initially missed.

I know I can't sleep on these deals. I need to make a decision soon.

Top Bottom