• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wonder how it compares to people in what you do for a living?
    Well, I have never molested a child...so much higher.

Yourself?

The point of the article is that much attention is given to molestations in the "catholic church" while data may indicate it is in a range relative to other institutions; perhaps on the lower end.

Please do not mistake my statement as a defense of the catholic church. In no way whatsoever is it meant as much for that commie organization.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    He saw "Catholic" and was triggered. That's pretty clear.
    "The best available data reports that 4 percent of Catholic priests sexually violated a minor child during the last half of the 20th century with the peak level of abuse being in the 1970s and dropping off dramatically by the early 1980s."

"Putting clergy abuse in context, research from the US Department of Educationfound that about 5-7 percent of public school teachers engaged in similar sexually abusive behavior with their students during a similar time frame."

4 / 7 equals .57

I rounded down to "about half".

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    "The best available data reports that 4 percent of Catholic priests sexually violated a minor child during the last half of the 20th century with the peak level of abuse being in the 1970s and dropping off dramatically by the early 1980s."

"Putting clergy abuse in context, research from the US Department of Educationfound that about 5-7 percent of public school teachers engaged in similar sexually abusive behavior with their students during a similar time frame."

4 / 7 equals .57

How about politicians? I'd say a good chunk of them support murdering children, so there's that. I'd say the Catholic clergy has a much better track record.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    How about politicians? I'd say a good chunk of them support murdering children, so there's that. I'd say the Catholic clergy has a much better track record.
    See post 13.
    I would happily toss the other half of the uniparty into that bucket.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I recall very cleary seeing Gary Plauche' address the pedo that kidnapped and raped his son on the evening news. Most of that event is now "censored from the web".

While his methods may be questionable, he did ensure that pedophile had a recidivism rate of absolute ZERO.

As providence would have it, he was tried before a wise jury of his peers.

Regardless, what a horrible situation.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The percentage of sexual abusers among Catholic priests, other religion clergy, and school teachers is about the same, 4 - 7%.
    Does this include clergy that have successfully hidden their acts and the abused that didn’t come forward? If not exactly how will thos unaccounted for change these results?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Updated link on this issue.

"I also ask all of the faithful of the Archdiocese of San Francisco to pray for all of our legislators, especially Catholic legislators who promote procured abortion, that with the help and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, they may undergo a conversion of heart in this most grave matter and human life may be protected and fostered in every stage and condition of life."

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Does this include clergy that have successfully hidden their acts and the abused that didn’t come forward? If not exactly how will thos unaccounted for change these results?
    If they successfully hid their acts, of course, they would not be part of the statistics. How can you count something that you are not aware of? I see no reason to believe that one group of abusers would be any better at hiding their acts than any others. That would include clergy of all denominations, youth ministers, teachers, coaches, trainers, camp counsellors, parents, stepparents, relatives, etc. Those helping to cover it up could include the administrators and members of the various groups I named. Many abusers carry on for several years and have several victims, even after being discovered early. Some parents have accepted money and reassurance that the problem will be taken care of. They want to protect their child and the family name. If they had gone to the police, maybe some of the abusers would have been stopped sooner.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I mean, it goes the other way as well, right? Those non-numbers that don't exist cancel each other out.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    The teachings on abortion are not uniform across the various religions, branches, and sects. Obviously, there are those who have their own viewpoint regardless of what their religion teaches. Then there is the "Pro-choice" group - "I would never, but it is none of my business if someone else does". It is kind of like saying, "I would never beat my wife, but if someone else does it is not any of my business".

Reactions: oze

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would expect professions with access to children to have a much higher rate than those without.
    Of course.

Being a priest, other clergy, teacher, day care worker, etc. doesn't make one a pedo, but pedos would be drawn to positions with access to children and will camouflage themselves among those who just want to help children. This seems obvious.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So riddle me this Batman ?

So if you are a Christian Protestant or Catholic, Jewish, Muslim.

Can you support abortion ?

"Rabbi" Sandy Eisenberg Sasso of Indianapolis advocates for killing of the unborn. I have always thought it a strange position for a jewish person.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John

4 / 7 equals .57

Where did you see 4/7? The range quoted was between 5% and 7%. That is much lower than even 50%.
    Are you referring to another post or article?

Top Bottom