• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Must be a city thing, I haven't seen anybody screaming about racism in front of the local Walmart.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    IDK, I just upped my contribution to the Salvation Army.

So, do you agree with the approach of judging people by the color of their skin and castigating anyone who is white as "inherently racist"? That is certainly your prerogative, but I think most people on here would disagree with it.

IMO, the racist policies of CRT and "white guilt" are the antithesis of what the civil rights movement used to be, and simply Democrats and other left-wingers plans to stay in power by keeping racism alive...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So, do you agree with the approach of judging people by the color of their skin and castigating anyone who is white as "inherently racist"? That is certainly your prerogative, but I think most people on here would disagree with it.

IMO, the racist policies of CRT and "white guilt" are the antithesis of what the civil rights movement used to be, and simply Democrats and other left-wingers plans to stay in power by keeping racism alive...
    Just sayin' I'm conservative and you don't speak for me. I do think it is perfectly acceptable for Christian organizations to stop once in a while and reflect whether or not they are following the path laid out by Christ. I think that far too many people with ulterior motives use these kinds of things to push their divisive agendas.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    IDK, I just upped my contribution to the Salvation Army.
    That's cool. I guess we've canceled each other out. And for sure, they are going to have to find some other sap to ring their bell at the nearby Kroger entrance on weekday afternoons.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just sayin' I'm conservative and you don't speak for me
    Much like the Salvation Army doesn't speak for me or even really know me. Unless they are giving a similar lecture to POC about their contributions to 'structural' racism, it's just another example of pandering

Stockholm Syndrome

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    This morning I stopped by the pet store, a shop in a small strip mall and Rural King and not a bell ringer in sight. Usually they are at all those places in December but not this year. Anybody else notice a lack of bell ringers in their neck of the woods?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This morning I stopped by the pet store, a shop in a small strip mall and Rural King and not a bell ringer in sight. Usually they are at all those places in December but not this year. Anybody else notice a lack of bell ringers in their neck of the woods?
    I had read they were having trouble getting volunteers to man the kettles

I'm sure it has nothing to do with condemning all white people as irredeemable racists

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had read they were having trouble getting volunteers to man the kettles

I'm sure it has nothing to do with condemning all white people as irredeemable racists
    I've noticed a lack of workers in general in my neck of the woods.:dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You know, I guess if they're really helping people in need, then they can call me what they want; I don't give so that I can feel good.

I've noticed a lack of workers in general in my neck of the woods.:dunno:
    They have for a long, long time. AFAIK, they were paying people in years past, but with wages and hiring now...

I have fond memories ringing the bell as a family when I was kid.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Must be a city thing, I haven't seen anybody screaming about racism in front of the local Walmart.

Ironic that you mention this. I was driving through a tourist busy Nashville on Saturday. It was just warm enough to have the sun roof open.

The gray haired bell ringer was somewhat loudly proclaiming to an elderly lady that the Salvation Army have had an internal discussion on racism. He said those exact same words at least twice, if not three times.

I could not hear the lady's side of the conversation, but could hear the bell ringer quite boldly. It was almost as if he was trying to provoke some woke crowd support?

Only guessing on my part, but it certainly seemed like an odd conversation at a busy intersection.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ironic that you mention this. I was driving through a tourist busy Nashville on Saturday. It was just warm enough to have the sun roof open.

The gray haired bell ringer was somewhat loudly proclaiming to an elderly lady that the Salvation Army have had an internal discussion on racism. He said those exact same words at least twice, if not three times.

I could not hear the lady's side of the conversation, but could hear the bell ringer quite boldly. It was almost as if he was trying to provoke some woke crowd support?

Only guessing on my part, but it certainly seemed like an odd conversation at a busy intersection.
    Where I last donated, the lady bell ringer just said, "Merry Christmas!" and "Thank you!" Some people will be offended by the first phrase, I suppose. :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where I last donated, the lady bell ringer just said, "Merry Christmas!" and "Thank you!" Some people will be offended by the first phrase, I suppose. :rolleyes:

I wonder if more people are offended by "Merry Christmas!" than being called racist?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Let my opinion be known to the kettle placer/retriever at Sam's in Columbus. She was as incredulous as I was at the stupidity of alienating over half your donors.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I have never walked passed a red kettle without putting a bill in to it.

I guess that has changed for me. Will never go near a red kettle.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    2nd year in a row with none my way. Usually they were out in force the day after Thanksgiving

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Go woke, go broke !

5wqfhx.jpg

Top Bottom