• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I'm going to wrap 2 pennies in a note and put in the kettle explaining the money I usually give in Dec will not be coming this year.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    And thinking about it, the business card approach is the wrong angle. too hard to fold. We want larger slips of paper, not cardstock. Easier to fit through the slot, and more real estate for words.
    I think if it just looks similar to a bill it will increase their disappointment when they unfold it.

Should be pretty easy for you, you had those bad batchs of counterfeit tens until you got it just right, just take a few steps backwards.
    You’re on a list now.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The organization simply needs to come clean. Fire everybody involved and post thier names publicly, apologize for it ever happening and then beg America's forgiveness. I don't see that happening because leadership will just look at the negative reaction as a speed bump and it will just contribute to more mistrust of organizations by the public.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    From the SA site. But going through their site, they appear to be not too far off from the accusations. Racism is destroying the world. But they omit liberalism’s contributions. Their site was eye opening compared to what I thought about the SA.
    • The Salvation Army's Response to False Claims on the Topic of Racism​

Nov 25, 2021
      The holidays are a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate. The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines the nature of our service: to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination. The beliefs that motivate our service are based solely on the Bible, and that will never change.
      But although we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, backgrounds, or lifestyle—some individuals and groups have recently attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agendas. They have claimed that we believe our donors should apologize for their skin color, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that we have abandoned our Christian faith for one ideology or another.
      Those claims are simply false, and they distort the very goal of our work.
      The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and that we are called by God to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs and goals are critically important because we know that racism exists, and we are determined to do everything the Bible asks of us to overcome it.
      The Salvation Army occasionally publishes internal study guides on various complex topics to help foster positive conversations and grace-filled reflection among Salvationists. By openly discussing these issues, we always hope to encourage the development of a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to support those in need. But no one is being told how to think. Period.
      In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.
      Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review.
      We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. And we remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Our supporters know that ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ, and we strive to follow it every day.
      May God bless you, and Merry Christmas.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This won't stop me from donating to them. If they take a more active role in something like the AHA did with supporting soda taxes, they will lose it at that time.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I went to their SA Social Justice Commission web page and they seem to be budding up with the United Nations( listened to their rep speak of it).

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Looks to me that the Salvation Army is ministering to all people without a litmus test. Christ did the same thing and was criticized for it. There are always humanists, communists and anti-Christians who will try to tear down those who preach the truth. I benefited from the SA during a disaster. They never asked me any questions, but just offered help. They are always on my holiday donation list and most likely always will be.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The organization simply needs to come clean. Fire everybody involved and post thier names publicly, apologize for it ever happening and then beg America's forgiveness. I don't see that happening because leadership will just look at the negative reaction as a speed bump and it will just contribute to more mistrust of organizations by the public.
    It just seems like ritual suicide, though. Progressives aren't particularly likely to contribute to ANY charity, but especially not one that (used to) espouse Christian values

And the more generous conservative population isn't going to keep giving to an organization that has obviously lost its way

cui bono?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It just seems like ritual suicide, though. Progressives aren't particularly likely to contribute to ANY charity, but especially not one that (used to) espouse Christian values

And the more generous conservative population isn't going to keep giving to an organization that has obviously lost its way

cui bono?

Can't argue with that, a charity isn't going to do well if it's experimenting with ways to **** off potential donors. Maybe they are looking for big, woke, computer money.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Print your own and do something special this Holiday Season.....

L6jQTjh.jpg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe I missed it but I did'nt see it stated anywhere that your donation would not be welcomed If you do not repent for your evil racist ways. Seems to me they still want your donation even if you don't capitulate to their calls for a public self "wokeness" flagellation.

Top Bottom