• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They definitely hurting.

My family went shopping yesterday morning at Meijer and Kroger. My wife went inside, my boys and I stayed in our car.

I didn't see 1 person drop coins at the SA kettle the entire time, both places were busy as you can imagine this time of the year.

Two of my co-worker organize SA donations in our work group every year, they didn't do it this year.
    I imagine kettle donations have been falling while online donation have been rising for years; folks don't carry cash as much.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So are the bell ringers going to scream racist at eveybody who walks by and doesn't ante up?
    It has already happened to me,last year in Indy when leaving a Target with a full cart. Just an fyi.

The Salvation Army went woke in the late 1990s. At least the branch I volunteered at in Columbus Indiana did,was helping with the unwrapped Christmas gifts for kids matching gifts to children's lists.

It is not a place I will donate to since. Loads of volunteer and staff theft of said items as well. The crap I saw working just a few days forever changed my opinion of them.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Some of the supermarkets in the DeMotte area have grocery bags for $5, 10, or 20 that you can “buy” when checking out. They deliver them to the 2 local food pantries. Great idea that makes it very easy to donate to LOCAL agencies. We bought one so far. No bell ringers seen yet.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    It still bothers me. SA was on a very short list of things I would donate to. On the rare occasions you can get uncle Jim to talk about Korea, you might hear stories of SA volunteers bringing coffee, food, and blankets. And occasionally picking up a rifle and working a little if the Chinese were getting a little bit further up the hill than usual. In minus fifty temps. Asking nothing in return.
    Of course, red cross was selling coffee and donuts a few miles behind the lines.
    I guess times have changed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't see anything there of issue. What is wrong with them giving aid and support to LG+ people?
    Nothing at all. I've had an LG refrigerator for a few years now, and very happy with it.

:)

Seriously, though...the original "woke" complaint had nothing to do with LGBTQWTFBBQ++?!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Most of this is washed from their website. I saved it for you deniers.

From the Salvation Army Study Guide On Racism

You Sunday School teacher take note:

'Racism can be so entrenched in institutions and culture that people can unintentionally and unwittingly perpetuate racial division. For instance, devout Christians who naively use racial epithets or a well-intentioned Sunday School curriculum that only uses white photography and imagery.'

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    What deniers? Did you read the article R45 posted?

They definitely f'd up. They also got rid of it.
    Yeah they f'd up and got caught. Sorry but you can't delete it because you got called out and it be ok with me. I'd say those buckets are a little light this year as well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah they f'd up and got caught. Sorry but you can't delete it because you got called out and it be ok with me. I'd say those buckets are a little light this year as well.
    That won't stop me from giving to them. If the guy at the kettle started preaching that crap at me, that would change things.

Top Bottom