• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    giphy.gif
    If it was the national org that did this I'd agree, but this is from the Chitcago chapter of the Salvation Army. And best I can tell has already been quashed.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    If it was the national org that did this I'd agree, but this is from the Chitcago chapter of the Salvation Army. And best I can tell has already been quashed.
    I haven't heard anybody got fired because of it. That means that person did it under the order coming down from the chain of command.

Even the top brass denied it, they know they are hurting on the fund raising because of the CRT stuff they put out. For any non-profit, fundraising is a big deal.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You get warnings for posting hashed out bad words now?
    A while back, perhaps. INGO had a problem with "creative spelling" of bad words and word came down to crack down on it. Official policy became use the filter, no using @ for a or similar, no hashing out manually, etc. Heck it wasn't allowed to use simulated cartoon swearing such as #*&@%&. The word I hashed out isn't a banned word because it has other uses such as being an actual name. So back then it would have been possible to get a warn/infract/ban for it. Doubtful in this case, but possible.

I’m done here.
    Why? I'm really interested in what rule you think I've violated.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I haven't heard anybody got fired because of it. That means that person did it under the order coming down from the chain of command.

Even the top brass denied it, they know they are hurting on the fund raising because of the CRT stuff they put out. For any non-profit, fundraising is a big deal.
    Not necessarily. It's possible it was a solely local action and was quashed from higher up the chain of command. In fact knowing Chitcago and the surrounding area it wouldn't surprise me. And just because you didn't hear of any discipline doesn't mean there was none.

Can you show me where the top brass denied this? For the rest I agree.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    In a statement to Fox News, the Salvation Army downplayed the idea that the controversial racism guide has hurt donations.

"We have no information to suggest that the efforts of any political action group is affecting the Red Kettle results," a Salvation Army spokesperson said.

They definitely hurting.

My family went shopping yesterday morning at Meijer and Kroger. My wife went inside, my boys and I stayed in our car.

I didn't see 1 person drop coins at the SA kettle the entire time, both places were busy as you can imagine this time of the year.

Two of my co-worker organize SA donations in our work group every year, they didn't do it this year.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    And as several of us have stated we will give feedback to those boots on the ground to take back instead of cash. A simple message sent…
    As a volunteer bell ringer this year as I posted earlier , we have NO feed back available to anyone higher up in the organization. We are not in the Salvation Army and have no affiliation with them. Strictly a service to the community scheduled long before controversy .

Don

Top Bottom