• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Told a ringer today I couldn't donate because I need to buy a be less white textbook.
    Why? If you don't want to give to them don't, I understand that. But the bell ringers aren't the ones that make the decisions or heck even members of the org for quite a few of them, why hassle them? IMO that is a **** move. Smile and keep walking, maybe wish them a Merry Christmas or such.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Why? If you don't want to give to them don't, I understand that. But the bell ringers aren't the ones that make the decisions or heck even members of the org for quite a few of them, why hassle them? IMO that is a **** move. Smile and keep walking, maybe wish them a Merry Christmas or such.
    Maybe the ringers will relay the information to the upper management on why they didn't get their money?

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Maybe the ringers will relay the information to the upper management on why they didn't get their money?
    Kinda my thoughts. Whining about an Org online isn't gonna do much. I just put action to words and hopefully it gets fed up the chain. Minus the random pocket change I usually give I decided to give the SA's portion to Wheeler Mission and Horizon House.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They need to know. I’ll bet the majority of volunteers have no idea this went down, they may not be volunteering after this…

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Once again, most of the ringers aren't members and have no contact with management upper or otherwise. Better chance on upper management hearing it would be to contact the SA directly and voice your complaints rather than venting on some person who volunteered their time to try and help people.

Kinda my thoughts. Whining about an Org online isn't gonna do much. I just put action to words and hopefully it gets fed up the chain. Minus the random pocket change I usually give I decided to give the SA's portion to Wheeler Mission and Horizon House.
    See above. And bitching to some volunteer that the only ties to the org is signing up to ring a bell isn't going to do much either.

They need to know. I’ll bet the majority of volunteers have no idea this went down, they may not be volunteering after this…
    I wouldn't take that bet, but I wouldn't if it was reversed either. But where this story has been spread I'd say a good portion of the conservatives that volunteer probably have heard, and the liberals will either support it or won't care.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I watched the excuse video above. He admitted they had it in their guide and it was removed later. Yet he still didn't apologize to hundreds of millions of white people for his organization calling them racist.

I donate to local charity and food banks. They actually help people at a local level on a daily basis. Right now they need all the support they can get because people need more help than ever thanks to Democrat politicians.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Once again, most of the ringers aren't members and have no contact with management upper or otherwise. Better chance on upper management hearing it would be to contact the SA directly and voice your complaints rather than venting on some person who volunteered their time to try and help people.

See above. And bitching to some volunteer that the only ties to the org is signing up to ring a bell isn't going to do much either.

I wouldn't take that bet, but I wouldn't if it was reversed either. But where this story has been spread I'd say a good portion of the conservatives that volunteer probably have heard, and the liberals will either support it or won't care.
    Why would the upper management listen to the "bitching" call-center people? No, there isn't SA people answering their phones.

Ringers are the front line people, they talk to their troop leaders, then up the levels.

Have you noticed the comment function of that excuse video on Youtube has been disabled.

Has anybody at SA been fired for this?

Has any of the leadership taken responsibility for it?

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Why would the upper management listen to the "bitching" call-center people? No, there isn't SA people answering their phones.

Ringers are the front line people, they talk to their troop leaders, then up the levels.
    I'd say you'd be more likely to be heard by upper management by calling/writing/emailing/etc. let them know why you aren't donating. They get enough calls,etc along with lowered donations they might listen. Again hassling a volunteer IMO isn't going to do jack. Might go up a level or two then stop.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How will word of why donations are down get back to the organization if one does not explain to the bell ringers exactly why one will not give?

Hassle them, no. Explain their mistep, yes

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Well, all those liberals that give so generously to charity will make up the difference, yes?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, all those liberals that give so generously to charity will make up the difference, yes?
    Man, you just gave me a business idea. It would be kind of like Salvation Army in that we'd be soliciting donations, but we'd have to tailor it to liberals. Maybe call it the Damnation Army or something. Wait, did I say business? I meant charity.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Man, you just gave me a business idea. It would be kind of like Salvation Army in that we'd be soliciting donations, but we'd have to tailor it to liberals. Maybe call it the Damnation Army or something. Wait, did I say business? I meant charity.
    Fetal Parts for food?

Kinda like toys for tots.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How will word of why donations are down get back to the organization if one does not explain to the bell ringers exactly why one will not give?

Hassle them, no. Explain their mistep, yes
    As I've stated a few times, call/write/email/carrier pigeon/etc
    Oh, I'm sure...

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    And as several of us have stated we will give feedback to those boots on the ground to take back instead of cash. A simple message sent…
    My guess is they open mail, grab cash or check and then immediately file 13 the remains. Same thing I do with my Aunt. (For good reason).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And as several of us have stated we will give feedback to those boots on the ground to take back instead of cash. A simple message sent…
    It's a free country do as you wish, and as I have stated to me it's a **** move akin to hassling the drive through worker at Chik-fil-a, or the person at door to a business asking you to put on a mask. Quite possibly arguably worse, those people are getting paid the bell ringers are volunteering their time out of the goodness of their heart to help others.

I donate to local charity and food banks. They actually help people at a local level on a daily basis. Right now they need all the support they can get because people need more help than ever thanks to Democrat politicians.
    Just to let you or others know, all money from the red kettle drive stays local.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom