• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Grandson gets an annual 24 EEG video and my wife has taken him all but one of the times. They have to be at Riley's checked in by 6:00 AM.. Supposed snow Thursday into Friday and don't want her on bad/slick roads 3 AM Friday morning. We have talked about it and I told her I would check with the braintrust in INGO concerning what hotel/motel would be safe to arrive at near or at dark and be safe for the evening and early morning commute to Riley's. We don't have a clue to what is available, safe and I don't have a ton of cash but reasonable rates would be appreciated but not a deal breaker. Appreciate any and all information and we will find the numbers and call, just relying on your informed decisions on what and where would be best for them. Thank you for any and all information offered up. JWS

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Downtown Indy is very safe. I'm assuming she's not going bar hopping until closing time, which is when the vast majority of violence occurs. Across the river on the west side there's some dope neighborhoods where they shoot each other on occasion, but again assuming she's not going to go on a dope buying tour that is also not an issue.

I worked MSW for a couple years and never got a call to the Candlewood Suites on the river by the hospitals. Not one. I'd take normal precautions of not leaving anything in the vehicle of value, but not be concerned about personal safety there. Any of the major name brands downtown should also be fine, just stay away from the bars on the weekends.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Downtown Indy is very safe. I'm assuming she's not going bar hopping until closing time, which is when the vast majority of violence occurs. Across the river on the west side there's some dope neighborhoods where they shoot each other on occasion, but again assuming she's not going to go on a dope buying tour that is also not an issue.

I worked MSW for a couple years and never got a call to the Candlewood Suites on the river by the hospitals. Not one. I'd take normal precautions of not leaving anything in the vehicle of value, but not be concerned about personal safety there. Any of the major name brands downtown should also be fine, just stay away from the bars on the weekends.

I hope you are assuming correctly! No, he has chores and they live an hour from us, so she was going to pick him up after school and he gets his animals fed then they were heading out. Thus the getting there after dark.

I appreciate your comments on the area, I know nothing other than what I hear or read on the internet. Even though I don't know all of you personally, I do appreciate the first hand knowledge of the area to help keep them safe. Thank you.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Spring hill or courtyard at the location of JW Marriott. My mother had a 5am arrival at Escanazy (sp). A few years ago and we stayed at the courtyard overnight. I think you can get a “hospital “ rate their. Call and check with them.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Spring hill or courtyard at the location of JW Marriott. My mother had a 5am arrival at Escanazy (sp). A few years ago and we stayed at the courtyard overnight. I think you can get a “hospital “ rate their. Call and check with them.

Great information. Will check tonight after chores. Thanks!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    MAY be able to utilize the Ronald McDonald house.

They fill up fast.

Can also probably call the info desk at the hospital and ask if there are any hospital partners in the area / there may be a reservation code to utilize.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    MAY be able to utilize the Ronald McDonald house.

They fill up fast.

Can also probably call the info desk at the hospital and ask if there are any hospital partners in the area / there may be a reservation code to utilize.

He has epilepsy, this is his yearly check up and they chart his brain for a 24 hour time period. We don't need to use a McDonald's room, definitely more needing people and will leave that available for them.

I didn't want to just randomly rent a room and later find out it was a bad part of town. Using my resources (all INGO Indianapolis knowing members). Thanks for the idea/thought though.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That is the exact type of information I was looking for. Thank you.
    This is the one that was used when my nephew was down there. It's really easy to get back and forth to the hospital. Best wishes for the grandson.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Just for future reference, there are several hotels in Plainfield just a few hundred yards from 70, that puts you roughly 15-20 minutes from Riley if she isn’t comfortable or can’t stay downtown.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is the one that was used when my nephew was down there. It's really easy to get back and forth to the hospital. Best wishes for the grandson.

That is "spittin distance" from the VA Med Center, Eskenazi, Riley's, and close to IU Health. Pretty safe area.

Top Bottom