• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Looking at this model at a dealer but have done a search and cannot find any reviews. It is marked down dramatically because it has not sold well and I am wondering why?
    598e3a8d264595353eea8d7ef6d7ae39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    From the OG (who owns a PERFORMANCE CENTER® MODEL SW1911): "It's because they are tighter than most any other 1911. I've shot yours and also taken down both for cleaning, the PC is noticeably more difficult. I like it but it shoots differently than your Springfield. Most people that have shot a standard 1911 will think the PC is 'stiff'."

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    While I don't consider myself a 1911 expert, I have been around the block with a handful of SW 1911s.

Putting aside the traditionalist's bias against an external extractor, I think that you will find the SW 1911 PC stacks up well against its competitors. The barrel, frame and slide are hand fitted and should be a well done gun that falls above what you'd expect from a production line gun.

Not saying its a Les Baer but I honestly don't think the SW line of 1911 gets the credit they deserve. All mine have been runners and they have dated from a very early model JRD series to a current production PC model (a few years old now).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What would be a fair price for New Old Stock. Mfg price $1,999?

I can throw a WAG out but in this market? Who the heck knows....

I'll say $1500 OTD if its truly NOS with a metal case and $1250 if its used or has handling marks from years in the store. BUT I will admit to having some bias in favor the model. I can tell you on the used market, they are not always the easiest sellers.

This opinion of current market value is worth exactly what you paid for it... ;) :stickpoke::cool:

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    That pic looks like it was taken from the IN Gun Club inventory site. If I were choosing, I'd pickup the DW RZ-45 listed on the same site for $1295 if its still in stock.

That said, I have a 3" PC SW1911 Pro Series 45acp and its been flawless.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I have been doing youtube and Google searches and could not find a review. Finally found a video that looked exactly like this one( same trigger cutouts, grips, and front and rear slide cuts) but the video was 12 years old and only 30 seconds long with picture only. 12 year old NOS? Surely not!

Last edited:

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    That pic looks like it was taken from the IN Gun Club inventory site. If I were choosing, I'd pickup the DW RZ-45 listed on the same site for $1295 if its still in stock.

That said, I have a 3" PC SW1911 Pro Series 45acp and its been flawless.
    Wow, exactly correct. Will look at it. Was considering some other DW models. Why this particular model? Also considering Sig STX.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Nothing to do with the specific DW model. Just my pick between the SW and what else they had in stock without going over 2K.

If you want to spend more just go straight for the Cabot........

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I have been doing youtube and Google searches and could not find a review. Finally found a video that looked exactly like this one( same trigger cutouts, grips, and front and rear slide cuts) but the video was 12 years old and only 30 seconds long with picture only. 12 year old NOS? Surely not!

Dealer confirmed that it is indeed 12+ year old new old stock. Shocking but still considering it. More opinions on value would be appreciated.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    At this point, you're in the land of if you have the means, bring it home. If there is something mechanically wrong with it, S&W will make it right.

Top Bottom