S&W "I" Frame Carry

Frontiersman

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 3, 2021
East Central Indiana
Anyone carrying an I-Frame? I realize some of you will have concern it's not a magnum, but I find it on the more palatable end of the pocket guns. Which at times, I find handy - and better than a sharp stick.

I'm having difficulty finding holsters. A J-Frame will holster will work in a pinch, but it's not quite right.

Before I resort to modifying or making my own, any suggestions?

How do you carry yours?

Win52C

Marksman
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Jan 27, 2010
Lawrence County
Ebay. Look for holsters for things like terriers or vintage leather. Tough but might find one. Being smaller than a J frame makes for a compact little package :). A shame they discontinued those little guys years ago.

I just carry a model 60 … TONS of leather out there for the J. Good luck!!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nov 5, 2013
NW Indiana
Anyone carrying an I-Frame? I realize some of you will have concern it's not a magnum, but I find it on the more palatable end of the pocket guns. Which at times, I find handy - and better than a sharp stick.

I'm having difficulty finding holsters. A J-Frame will holster will work in a pinch, but it's not quite right.

Before I resort to modifying or making my own, any suggestions?

How do you carry yours?
My first guess would be ebay also. They have a lot of odds and ends that you can't find at a retailer. You just have to keep on checking.

Dean Crail

Master
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 25, 2013
Tipton
I had to look up what an I frame even was , for those curious 32 S&W long. Apparently not capable of handling the pressure from 38spl and was last produced in 1974.

Something custom would probably be your best bet , I know several gun shows including the 1500 have kydex benders on hand for stuff like this.

Jaybird1980

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jan 22, 2016
NWI
I frames are a great size, but I have a weird love for .32 guns. Unfortunately the old I frame my grandmother had was stolen and never found.

Jaybird1980

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jan 22, 2016
NWI
I had to look up what an I frame even was , for those curious 32 S&W long. Apparently not capable of handling the pressure from 38spl and was last produced in 1974.

Something custom would probably be your best bet , I know several gun shows including the 1500 have kydex benders on hand for stuff like this.
I believe there were some chambered in 38 S&W also. Regulation Police model, not sure if there are more.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jan 19, 2009
I like the I frame and have a few 1903 Hand Ejectors. Nothing more modern. They do make an accurate pocket gun.

Products discussed on INGO

Top Bottom