• ...and so much more!
  • Vbob1

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    Scipio, IN
    i bought 6" 14-2 years a go from the widow of the original owner. This was mid 70's. Bought a (almost) matching 17-2 same time. They are probably 98% guns even now. They have target triggers target hammers and target grips. Also great trigger jobs, probably factory. The odd thing is the .38 has a ramp front sight. Both are great shooters. Questions:1 Why would anyone do this? 2. How does it affect value? 3. Has anyone ever seen one like it (I haven't) Going to try to put in a photo in a later post

Vbob1

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    Scipio, IN
    Accidentally selected some old shots fron back in 2015 when I shot the gun pic. Gotta be more careful. Good luck on old passwords,tho.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Accidentally selected some old shots fron back in 2015 when I shot the gun pic. Gotta be more careful. Good luck on old passwords,tho.
    I assume you’re using a phone? I always accidentally select a few extra images when I try to post something.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Hey! thanks for the passwords I'm talking to Ukraine!!.....I keed, I keed.... I just want more pictures of those Smiths!!!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    A quick net search shows 2, 1 each. Mod. 17-2 and a Mod. 14-2 with the sites like your pic. May merit a letter from Roy Jinks, if you find it worth while. The pics on the net were from two different web sites at two different times. Do all serial numbers match? Is there a third screw under the grip? I wonder if it could be from the factory because the pics on the net look just like yours, 2 pins at the same place on the site.

All other pics are typical partridge style. Got me curious.

Vbob1

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    Scipio, IN
    Good info! Certainly haven't seen all 14-2s. Serial numbers don't match. I do have 3 kimber rifles with matching serial numbers tho! Special ordered those, low three digit numbers. It does have the third screw. Think that is older, right? I would guess factory change same time the trigger was worked on. May ask the factory. Thanks for the info.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    After seeing your pics I had to look, so I dug out mine 1 a pre model number, 5 screw in 38, partridge site. The other a 22, also partridge site. I have quite a few S&W reference books, I’ll do a bit of research and see what I can find. I’ll post back if I learn anything useful.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    After seeing your pics I had to look, so I dug out mine 1 a pre model number, 5 screw in 38, partridge site. The other a 22, also partridge site. I have quite a few S&W reference books, I’ll do a bit of research and see what I can find. I’ll post back if I learn anything useful.
    E. E. Patridge introduced his design in 1890. They are my favorite for target work. However, I used to watch the Partridge family on TV.

Top Bottom