• blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Per the State Dept.:

Description of Sanctions:
    Pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991 (the CBW Act), the United States will impose a second round of sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a “Novichok” nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny.

New sanctions imposed today under the CBW Act include:

1. Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

(sorry no link, my Mac is screwy)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Say bye bye to 40-45% of the total supply of ammunition in the US.

I just bought a case, because even unaffected things are about to inflate to the next solar system once the panic sets in.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bush the 1st did this with Broomhandles of all things, including their parts. I bet you would have to look hard and or go way back to find a crime committed with one.

I betting the phone is ringing from the people who put him in that job wanting thier payback before they end up having to start all over again with Kamala. Guys like Bloomberg who don't like guns will need to be thrown a bone.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Obama started it.
    Trump expanded it.
    This has been happening since Ukraine.

It's going to suck for AK owners especially. Maybe it's time to support domestic makers.
    To bad but they are being made here now I believe.

Does wolf outsource to other countries? Wolf 22lr is eley, wolf brass that was made outside Russia too iirc.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    To bad but they are being made here now I believe.

Does wolf outsource to other countries? Wolf 22lr is eley, wolf brass that was made outside Russia too iirc.

Wolf gold (brass case) is made in Taiwan.
    But everything will be affected by this since we're in a shortage, and this will be wiping out nearly half of the supply.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Sounds like I've got a bunch of junk collectable ammo now. I stopped buying Russian firearms and calibers when Saigas were banned and I stocked up well enough on steel case to have some fun. I imagine if the market is half of the US ammunition market that the Russians will be moving production somewhere else or somehow else.

At this point, I'm just glad they didn't have the foresight to ban all imported ammunition. That is actually what I expected of them months ago.

In the long run, I think this will end up as "good" news as there may finally be a flowing sea of Soviet sizes of brass in the US and AK prices may come back down to where they should be.

ETA: I hadn't been keeping up on steel case so I don't know what prices have been like, but I'm seeing x39 at $0.30 round on Ammoseek. If that was the "cheap" Russian price, then we really didn't lose anything.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    At this point, I'm just glad they didn't have the foresight to ban all imported ammunition. That is actually what I expected of them months ago.
    Don't be a good idea fairy lol. If they get Brazil, the Czech Republic, and Mexico we're pretty screwed.
    Wolf gold (brass case) is made in Taiwan.
    But everything will be affected by this since we're in a shortage, and this will be wiping out nearly half of the supply.
    And once China railroads them that'll be dead too.

I can't imagine these companies will fair well without the US market. We buy a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Don't be a good idea fairy lol. If they get Brazil, the Czech Republic, and Mexico we're pretty screwed.

And once China railroads them that'll be dead too.

I can't imagine these companies will fair well without the US market. We buy a lot of sh!t.

They won't fare at all without us. The actual "good idea" is that they see this obvious writing on the wall and move over here before other good ideas get passed by executive fiat or departmental decree. I think a handful of foreign ammo companies have already established US plants for exactly that reason.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That'd be all fine and good, if they'd actually supply the market demand. But they won't, for what ever reason.

Because expanding their capabilities is expensive and risky.

Ammo makers were laying people off a few years ago. You think they've forgotten that and don't realize what excess capacity will mean once the current bubble bursts?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m not surprised tbh. Even with all the panic you could still buy AJ ammo pretty reasonably compared to everything else thanks to the Russians.

I remember thinking, the Russians seem to be flooding so much Ak ammo on us that if there is a civil war it will be fought with Ak’s.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Biden hands over Afghanistan to the Taliban.

State Department bans importation of Russian ammo and guns.

Russia now sells to the Taliban ammo that was slated to go to the US market.

I guess Biden has to make sure our enemies are well supplied? :dunno:

Top Bottom