Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am not sure how deep the lines are where they are breached. Probably not terribly deep if divers are a possibility.

From the article:
    Mr Puck Nielsen said of possible sabotage that “technically speaking, this is not difficult. It just requires a boat. It requires some divers that know how to handle explosive devices”.

“But I think if we look at who would actually benefit from disturbances, more chaos on the gas market in Europe, I think there’s basically only one actor right now that actually benefits from more uncertainty, and that is Russia,” he added.
    How does Russia benefit when it can not ship any gas to Europe?

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    How does Russia benefit when it can not ship any gas to Europe?
    It’s difficult to see how anyone benefits from this. Europe freezes, we deal with higher natural gas prices and Russia couldn’t use the pipelines should they have decided to turn them back on. Well, Nordstream 2 was never actually on.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It’s difficult to see how anyone benefits from this. Europe freezes, we deal with higher natural gas prices and Russia couldn’t use the pipelines should they have decided to turn them back on. Well, Nordstream 2 was never actually on.
    The USA and Canada will make loads more in LNG sales to Europe, at the same time Russia is cut off from a major income source.
    Not to mention Zelensky has been complaining about Europe funding Russia since the start of the war(loudly) demanding they stop importing gas,oil,and anything but food.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It applies economic and hardship pressure to Europe and frees up additional supply to sell to China and India all the while playing the aggrieved party
    They do not have the ability to reroute the gas(yet). It has been pointed out in the MSM. The gas going to China and India are from different fields in Russia.
    Oil they can reroute already, but not NG.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    January 27, 2022 VICTORIA NULAND: “If Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward.”

Swedish broadcaster SVT reported that the Swedish National Seismic Network detected two underwater explosions near the Nord Stream pipeline system on Monday.

"One of the explosions had a magnitude of 2.3, and was registered at as many as 30 measuring stations in southern Sweden," SVT said.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And I turn my lights off at night by shooting them, not by using the light switch which I own. :rolleyes:

People can't think beyond marvel movie logic of black and white good and evil.

To them it's a sports game, with no consideration of the loss of innocent life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You cant make this up. Yahoo news has solved who sabotaged the pipe lines. LOL

All those ways of doing the job, could have been done by ANYBODY.

70 meters is deep for a manned diver.
    And submarines PREFER deeper water.
    But, don't say that it 'can't be done'.
    heck, WWII subs only went down that far, it was there LIMIT.

I've got all kinds of stories that 'might have' happened in waters that shallow.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    the page should auto translate

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    People can't think beyond marvel movie logic of black and white good and evil.

To them it's a sports game, with no consideration of the loss of innocent life.
    I believe the world is black and white, good and evil... and the CIA is evil

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom