Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Is that footage from a video game too? It's getting hard to tell anymore with the reality of video games these days, and the rampant propaganda being spread these days. I keep seeing video of Russians getting beat only to find out it's a video game clip.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Remember when I said Russia was going to start pulling out the old stuff?

T-62 being pulled into active service...

Suddenly those German Leopard 1a5s look pretty good for Ukraine...

Did the Leopard 1’s ever get approved and sent? I can’t find any info on it other than an article that says a group in Germany was trying to get approval to send 88 of them to Ukraine.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Remember when I said Russia was going to start pulling out the old stuff?

T-62 being pulled into active service...

Suddenly those German Leopard 1a5s look pretty good for Ukraine...

The T-62s made it onto trailers and then onto railcars, so they run anyway. By Rooskie WRM standards they look pretty good. Must've been stored in a desert area to not be rusted down to the tracks.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The T-62s made it onto trailers and then onto railcars, so they run anyway. By Rooskie WRM standards they look pretty good. Must've been stored in a desert area to not be rusted down to the tracks.
    The big issue is training. The T-62 requires a loader, for a four man crew.

Plus having no up-armour reactive kits. Just plain cast steel armor.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I wonder if they dig deeper to find that they have some T55's, and maybe a few T34's :lmfao:
    I am currently rereading Tom Clancy's The Bear and the Dragon which is about conflict between Russia & China. In it the russkies haul out hundreds of T-55s that had been long term lagerred since Stalin.

Of all Clancy's novels, this one is really dated. Russia took a left turn with Putin and the timeline diverged.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The estimated cost to repair or replace the 45,000 SD bridges, based on average price data from the U.S.
    Department of Transportation (DOT), would be $41.8 billion. (data is from the 2021 report on repairing structurally deficient bridges in the USA).

Of course we did not do that,nor did we approve the 42 billion for small businesses(the week before the vote on sending Ukraine 40 billion,the bill to support growing new and helping existing small business was voted down,by both parties).

But sending our money to a country to weaken another country while we profit and fund loads of special interests. Yep approved,here is your 40 billion.

Our own military budget including new funding for NATO(we pay more than half of all NATO funds) is now more than the next 11 highest spending countries combined for 2022($782 billion (46% if all global defense spending,thus far for 2022) and we keep adding to it,we kind of had to after all we have 109k active troops in Europe now). That means more than half our federal budget is the military(non military for 2022 is 769 billion). Without sending 40 billion to Ukraine.

I am all for a strong military,but we have crossed lines and levels of spending we did not even do during the height of the cold war.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom