Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Call me skeptical but there is no way to determine the exact make & model of whatever fell from the sky.

This is how misinformation starts. There is NO WAY to tell anything about whatever fell from the sky, but something did fall from the sky. So without any context or detailed analysis the original poster (NOT DadSmith) inserts a completely unsubstantiated caption.

Maybe it was a Patriot. Maybe not. How exactly are we supposed to know from this sketchy video? But repeat the story a couple of million times by several different re-postings and all of a sudden it becomes common knowledge almost impossible to dissuade people of its jumped to conclusion.

Regards,

Doug

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Call me skeptical but there is no way to determine the exact make & model of whatever fell from the sky.

This is how misinformation starts. There is NO WAY to tell anything about whatever fell from the sky, but something did fall from the sky. So without any context or detailed analysis the original poster (NOT DadSmith) inserts a completely unsubstantiated caption.

Maybe it was a Patriot. Maybe not. How exactly are we supposed to know from this sketchy video? But repeat the story a couple of million times by several different re-postings and all of a sudden it becomes common knowledge almost impossible to dissuade people of its jumped to conclusion.

Regards,

Doug
    I thought these days misinformation starts with the insistence that we 'have no proof' while the parties on the other side of the issue simultaneously make it as hard as possible to get any further information as well as suppress what information exists, regardless of how plausible the claim may be

Good work

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I hear the cartels are getting F-16s.

:):
    That doesn’t worry me. Now if they get a tow bar, a vehicle with a pintle hook, and they figure out how to get the 20mm gun powered up… that could be a problem.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I thought these days misinformation starts with the insistence that we 'have no proof' while the parties on the other side of the issue simultaneously make it as hard as possible to get any further information as well as suppress what information exists, regardless of how plausible the claim may be

Good work

Misinformation can be anything, including this video of some ordnance falling from the sky and labeling however someone wanted without ANY reference to verifiable sources.

I do believe that taking a picture/video of something and jumping from A to Z without any links proving the steps is an easy misinformation tactic.

Regards,

Doug

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    You have better eyes than mine to pick out the details.

AT4
    View attachment 279325

M136
    View attachment 279326
    Well, they are very similar probably because the M136 is the AT4. They are one in the same.

They are used by the Mexican Army. I have seen other posts referring to it as a Javelin or something that could only come from Ukraine which isn’t so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom