• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I was envisioning a Reaper (or two) patrolling international waters with a Reaper (or two) flying CAP in case Ivan the hot shot Russkie pilot shows up in his ****** old-fashioned Su-27 and decides to **** around with an unarmed drone. Just sayin'.
    Seems like a self destruct proximity switch on the drone when a large object (Su-27)? gets within a few meters would create quite a surprise.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Well. If there's a cease fire that means they stop shootin'. If they stop shootin' how will the military industrial complex gonna buy shoes?
    Well, we can start with status quo ante bellum and go from there. I'm going to go ahead and use what has become a bad word, but the next step would be Putie and pals paying reparations to rebuild Ukraine. Oh, and to fully pay the Big Red Fund.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Russian and UAE diplomacy this time(Iran and Saudi was China).

LGBT,CRT,and ESG are likely more of a reason(given many current US diplomats support all three), than just about anything else. None of those are very accepted in the Middle east.

So we needed a change. So who did the US send on the 16th? Michael Ratney,straight from his post in Israel is now our Saudi ambassador. I am sure that is going over well to. He was after all there for a year under Bush. Given we have not had an official ambassador there since 2021 though....hey,it is an improvement!

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Interesting article. Yes, it is New Yorker magazine, but the article is an interview with a historian who works at the Hoover Institution. There is a pay-wall if you have read too many free articles, but I was able to read it.

I don't think he really comes to a genuine answer to the question, but it is at least a discussion of the questions that need to be asked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom