• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Where did you think the money was going? Surely anyone with the label defense minister deserves a 25k per month mansion during the war?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the important word is “if” they want to donate their equipment to Ukraine. I can’t see Cuba or Venezuela giving their equipment to help a country fighting their biggest ally Russia. (Cuba could donate some 52 Chevys I guess). But yeah, it does sound a bit crazy.
    Well since we can not seem to convince Germany,Cuba was the backup?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The AMX 10-RC is known for its hydropneumatic suspension (like on the Citröen DS).

c-est-un-blinde-de-ce-type-ici-en-operation-en-afghanistan_290358_800x600.jpg.jpg

It can get to some funky angles.

maxresdefault.jpg

Quite low to the ground for urban warfare to protect its wheels.

8d6d374c2afae0b8f745afdcaad8e86a.jpg

You can even use it to change the two front wheels without using a jack. :dunno:

ob_00a7c8_amx-10-rc-023.jpg

The original lowrider tank. ;)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Poland is going to send their Leopard 2s, Germany won't get in the way, or Poland says screw em, were sending them.

"We will ask for such permission, but this is an issue of secondary importance. Even if we did not get this approval ... we would still transfer our tanks together with others to Ukraine", Morawiecki told reporters.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ever been to Berlin?

Trust me, they remember. It's hard to swing a dead cat and not hit a reminder of evils of fascism, oppression, racism, etc.
    Irony this time, is they are going to fight the second...

Poland can afford to ignore German wishes over the Panzers/Leopards. Poland just bought big into a rather damn good design from South Korea. The K2 tank.

The first 10 Korean K2s just arrived in Poland... which is about the size of the first shipment of Leopard 2s to Ukraine...

So yes, in a great twist of Irony. Panzers and T series tanks will again tangle in Ukraine. Only this time the Panzers will be on the defending side..

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

Apparently Cuba doesn’t have anything newer than some rusty, worn out T-62’s. Looks like their tanks are almost as old as their cars.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm told that the Russians are advancing and the Ukrainian military are having casualties from 100-400 a day.
    I cannot prove this so take it as rumor unless something factual is provided.
    Keep your eyes and ears open.

Edit:
    Also Germany isn't going to send any leopard 2's until America sends Abrams.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm told that the Russians are advancing and the Ukrainian military are having casualties from 100-400 a day.

Edit:

The fact that there is suddenly a big push for main battle tanks for the Ukrainians seems to me an indicator that there is likely a bit of truth to this, something has changed.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Edit:
    What's the address? Be glad to help.
    1674647398230.png

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Where did you think the money was going? Surely anyone with the label defense minister deserves a 25k per month mansion during the war?

Does anybody else remember a whole metric ****ton of articles talking about Ukrainian corruption, money laundering, bribery, whatever? it was called the most corrupt nation on Earth, and then... and then never mind. It all just disappeared somehow for some reason. Slava Ukraina. Let's shovel on a couple more billion, who gives a **** about America and Americans.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does anybody else remember a whole metric ****ton of articles talking about Ukrainian corruption, money laundering, bribery, whatever? it was called the most corrupt nation on Earth, and then... and then never mind. It all just disappeared somehow for some reason. Slava Ukraina. Let's shovel on a couple more billion, who gives a **** about America and Americans.
    Everyone had a piece of the corruption pie over there.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Will the Ukraine armed forces turn the tide of battle if and when they receive German and American front line battle tanks? These two tanks are supposed to be superior to anything the Russians have on the battlefields in Ukraine. My only question is: Who is going to train the Ukraine soldiers on the operation of these super sophisticated tanks?
    Will Germany and the USA be sending “advisors” along with the tanks a la Vietnam from decades ago? Seriously?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom