• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

The Panzers are coming to face the Russian tanks. Something has not happened since WW2

Meanwhile the german vehicles already there, are quite effective.

The articles I've seen say that Germany has not yet approved the transfer of Leo 2's to Ukraine, either directly or via intermediaries like Poland and Finland.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Send more! Send more!...

France agreed to send AMX-10 RC fighting vehicles to Ukraine within two months.

It's te closest thing to an actual tank that any EU country is sending so far.

AMX-10_RC_03.jpg

France is also considering sending actual MBTs.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I think the important word is “if” they want to donate their equipment to Ukraine. I can’t see Cuba or Venezuela giving their equipment to help a country fighting their biggest ally Russia. (Cuba could donate some 52 Chevys I guess). But yeah, it does sound a bit crazy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There are not bad.. but mud season will not be kind to those.
    They were designed during the cold war to face exactly that kind of terrain, and the same soviet era vehicles they will be facing in Ukraine.

They are 6x6 and light weight (around 17 tons), they have been deployed in Afghanistan (alongside US forces), in Africa in the sand, in the snow (with chains sometimes).

image.png

3ec5283576.jpg

In France (and recently Romania) they train in the mud ...

char-leger-amx-10-rc-france-ukraine-2.png

xformations_specifiques-768x576.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lbM-jdrsg8.jpg

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That suspension type is definitely a french thing, the car you can lift wheels without a jack to change tires.

They are -good- vehicles.. just I still have my doubts about them in the mud. But I am sure ukraine will put them to good use in any case.

As far as the Panzers (Leopards).. Germany gave the okay for Poland to transfer theirs... Or at least that they wouldn't stop Poland anyway.

So yes. German Panzers and Russian T series tanks will once clash again in Ukraine..
    "In an important reversal, the German government this weekend signaled it wouldn’t try to stop the government of Poland from supplying German-built Leopard 2 tanks to the Ukrainian army."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom