• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    My experience with Rural King online. Signed up for email notification for in stock Taurus TX22 a month ago. Received email notice on a Saturday morning and purchased within 20 minutes. Credit card charged immediately. Paid shipping to store. Email receipt of purchase. Two days later, got an email and online notification of shipped to store date (August 31) and approximate date of arrival (Sept. 10). Had an order number and where it was shipped from on the exact date it was shipped. No info or update in between - just waited the 10 days until it was supposed to arrive at the store. Nothing on the 10th. September 11 - No tracking info or info that gun arrived, so I called the main customer service line and was told it was a store issue (Fort Wayne) and to call them. I did and they said it takes 24-48 hours to log new guns in when they are received. Waited until Monday the 14th to call back. They had no record of gun and no way to track it. The manager at the Fort Wayne store actually tried to help find my gun (calling the main office several times). Called back (to the Fort Wayne store) today (September 17th) and still no idea where my gun was or when it would arrive - no help from corporate. She said she would continue to call corporate and give me a call to update when she had something new. This afternoon, received this email from Rural King:
    Hello,
    We apologize, it looks like your order was marked shipped incorrectly. We do not have this firearm to ship at this time and have refunded you in full.

Your order #800316980 has been updated with a status of Closed.

That's it. I can really tell how much they value my business. Not cool. After this, I went online to do more research. Apparently, this is quite common. My exact situation shows up many times over the last few years. Just fyi, if you are thinking about ordering a gun online from Rural King. Lesson learned. Won't try again.

PS: If anyone knows of a place with the Taurus TX22 in stock, a heads up is appreciated.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Dunhams in Angola still shows in stock, I've been him-hawing buying this for 10 days now and finally procrastinated enough that it's no longer on sale @ $25 off, have at it.

Top Bottom